View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
greendefender123
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-03-13

PostSubject: Astra H 1.9 cdti sxi    Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:23 am

Just picked this up for 700. Have some history for it. It's had new brakes and rear shocks. Was last serviced 10k ago so really needs one. Gonna do the cambelt aswell as its approaching 9 years old this month. This isn't the the normal bangers I buy. Body isn't the tidiest but some lacquer sprayed on next summer will solve that. I'm not putting on the road till the 8th of February when my insurance is due. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[url=https://servimg.com/view/18806970/27]
Back to top Go down
linux geek
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2015-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Astra H 1.9 cdti sxi    Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:33 am

Looks good
Baring any great disaster can see that lasting a few years
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Astra H 1.9 cdti sxi    Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:49 am

It should be good reliability wise. Its the 120 8v version. Iv done my homework. Need to blank off the egr and change the cambelt water pump and tensioner. Of course il be over servicing it and give it a major service before I use it. Seems daft not to. I'm not sure it counts as a banger tho. Feels like driving a spaceship.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Astra H 1.9 cdti sxi    Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:50 am

Astras on the road. Its amazing. Everything works. More power then I need. Good fuel economy. Brakes work really well. It's nice having electric windows and things. Iv taken the roof bars off for now as they were lose.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Astra H 1.9 cdti sxi    Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:25 am

Well my astras doing well. Done 10,000 since the end of January. Iv replaced the lower arms and put some polybushes in the rear beam. Iv also replaced the front tyres. Well had them replaced as I didn't want to skimp out on tyres. Just ordered a new starters motor for it as the current ones abit weak. Its been fairly cheap motoring. I'm getting the same mpg running round as I was in the fiesta but with twice the power and a bigger more comfortable car. The mpg goes up between 56-58 mpg on a motorway run.

Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Astra H 1.9 cdti sxi    Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Well shes firing up good and proper now after changing the starter motor for a 65 ebay one that had great reviews.

Iv also changed the alternator as it locked up the other day and was sounding noisy. I covered it in oil and its been fine but iv changed it for a second hand eBay one that was 20 delivered. In fitting the alternator i broke the wiper spindle as the arm was correded to it. A replacement secondhand one ebay with next day delivery was only 20 so no worries with it so all fitted and sorted.

That seems to be another good bangernomics tip. If must have a "modern" car get a common one as the second hand parts are really cheap. Tho i bought the starter new as theyre a pain to change and it was cheap.

Coming upto 12000miles that iv done in it now. Gonna give it another oil change sticking to my 6k intervals. Oil and filter was about 20 i buy on ecp and carparts4less deals. Il be changing the gearbox oil as well as thats done 12k and i dont want the box to be rebuilt again. Im also gonna waxoyl the sub frame as apparently they rust under the engine guards. Im still loving the astra and its power.

Steve
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Astra H 1.9 cdti sxi    Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 am

Iv just changed the battery. Splashed out on a decent bosch one.
Been away to Blackpool which is 245miles away. Left it parked up while we were there. It fired up lovely when we left. Had to pressure wash it off before we got on the motorway tho. Nice surprise checking the mpg. I got 61mpg which is amazing considering we were stuck in traffic for 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astra H 1.9 cdti sxi    

Back to top Go down

Astra H 1.9 cdti sxi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1