AuthorMessage
linux geek
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2015-12-09

PostSubject: buying blind    Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:06 pm

Im looking around for a banger for mrs geek to do the shopping run

must be auto and not look "too Scabby " are the only two bits on input ive had from her so pretty much an open book

problem is Im upto my backside on open uni study and work plus dark nights

seen a few ebay prospects but by the time I will get to look at them will be auction over plus they are a 50/60 miles away

wondered what peoples experience is of bidding with out looking by step dad would have kicked me into the next life for even considering it
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: buying blind    Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:34 am

Never done it, though considering the amount of trouble I've sometimes had when I've looked, I might just as well have.

Came very close to doing it with a "top of the range" lm Lada saloon (the one with the big engine (2L or 1800, can't remember) and the double headlights) which didn't cost enough for anyone to bother lying about it, but it was in Bristol and I was in Edinburgh, and I decided I didn't have the time. Pity cos those were pretty rare by that time and I was fairly sure it would be OK.

Depends how much you're paying. If its peanuts (as in that case) then it might be worth a punt.

There isn't anything I can think of that is so "unfashionable" these days, but if there was I doubt you'd get away with buying one for your wife.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2014-03-13

PostSubject: Re: buying blind    Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:47 pm

Done it loads of times. Only twice the body's been bad. Never had any real mechanical problems. Parents bought a freelander cheap about 9 years ago. Was 4000 less then the book price and it was only 2 years old. Went to pick it up and it had loads of dings and some scratches that had been touched up. Knocked 100 off the asking price.

More recently bought another ka for my partner. Looked mint in the pictures but when we got there it was clear it had been sprayed and had dents in it. Knocked 50 off.

It's not about the money really as it would cost hundreds if not thousands to sort. Its about the point its not been described properly. It is just runaround. It drives so well aswell. No point walking away from a good un.

Any mechanical problems id be wanting to knock alot off or walking away. I nearly halved the price of the astra I just bought as it had a gearbox whine which I'm hoping iv just fixed for 50.
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: buying blind    Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:36 pm

I'd take a punt on this if it was a bit closer. My kind of paint job.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: buying blind    

Back to top Go down

buying blind

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1