View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
greendefender123
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-03-13

PostSubject: Best Diesel for bangernomics.    Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Hello il be changing my fiesta in February. Il be doing more driving and fancy a bigger car which is more comfortable. Want to spend around 500 and buying a car before Christmas I reckon il be able to. Fuel economy needs to be good. 50 plus on a sensible drive. Reliability is a must aswell.

Really like the mk3 mondeos but get scared of the injector and pump problems. Could get a tddi one tho I suppose. Any recommendations?

Are the newer Peugeot and good? 207 307 407?

A TDCI fiesta would also be good but can be hard to find in my budget.

Thanks in advance

Steve
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Best Diesel for bangernomics.    Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:23 am

Ahh no response. The windscreens just cracked in my fiesta. As its got a water leak into the footwell, knocking on the front and mot in January it's probably not worth it.

Been looking at the 2.0 hdi 407. Are these engines anygood? They seem good value.
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Best Diesel for bangernomics.    Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:09 am

Diesel (At least for private cars. There's no realistic alternative commercially unless they radically change the tax regime and sort-of-forget-about greenhouse gasses) is now on a government hit list, with special scrappage schemes and punitive fuel taxes proposed.

The fuel tax might bring used car prices down, but a proposed scrappage scheme is likely to put them up as people buy speculatively with a view to cashing in.

I had a Perkins diesel Maestro I liked a lot, but they'll be VERY rare now, not really "luxurious" (Montego maybe a bit more) and I dunno what long term reliability is like. Only other diesel I've had was an ex-BT Renault Dodge workshop truck.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Best Diesel for bangernomics.    Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:24 am

Well my astras doing well. Done 10,000 since the end of January. Iv replaced the lower arms and put some polybushes in the rear beam. Iv also replaced the front tyres. Well had them replaced as I didn't want to skimp out on tyres. Just ordered a new starters motor for it as the current ones abit weak. Its been fairly cheap motoring. I'm getting the same mpg running round as I was in the fiesta but with twice the power and a bigger more comfortable car. The mpg goes up between 56-58 mpg on a motorway run.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Diesel for bangernomics.    

Back to top Go down

Best Diesel for bangernomics.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1