HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | .

Could be the right time to sell a cheapie (ish)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Could be the right time to sell a cheapie (ish)   Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:03 pm

You know I love my Rover's and I'm always happy to take one on.

This is a 1997 Rover 800 Vitesse Sport, looking very smart in Cayman blue with Recaro interior. 98k with history and it's got 5 months tax and MoT left to run so I'll whack it on the forecourt for 850 and see what bites. 22k's worth a few years ago! 200bhp and 143mph!

There must be plenty of punters looking for a cheap set of wheels ready to roll, especially as there's been a lot of accidents in the snow over the last few days and people find themselves without transport! IG17 may be an issue, though.

I absolutely love it.

Who wants to bet it'll still be on sale this time next week?

Kev.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not a bad place to be at all, especially at this price level!

Back to top Go down
r.welfare
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Could be the right time to sell a cheapie (ish)   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:46 pm

Lovely colour - unusual shade for one of those. Is the gearbox quiet? I sold a T-plate 2.0 manual Sterling saloon for a friend before Christmas, which had sat since MOT failure for 6 months...I was amazed that it made 190, mind you it did have plenty of parts (leather, CD changer etc) that seem to have value!
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Could be the right time to sell a cheapie (ish)   Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Gearbox is fine; you can always tell when one has been thrashed as the gearbox rumbles, in fact the gearbox is the weakest link in these Vitesse 800's, really. As with any car, prices reflect condition and mileage, and if this one had no MoT and no tax it'd probably only be worth 150.

But this is a nice one, it drives lovely, everything works, it looks nice and has a decent amount of MoT and tax left to run, so as all those boxes are ticked it should sell quite easily.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
r.welfare
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Could be the right time to sell a cheapie (ish)   Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:34 am

Kev, yours definitely looks to be worth the money for sure - I was alluding more to the point that I was surprised that even a "dead" one has a value > scrap these days. If I was after a late 800 (and I was quite tempted to resurrect the Sterling I mentioned) I'd be all over this one.
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Could be the right time to sell a cheapie (ish)   Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:30 pm

The 800 Series does have quite an enthusiastic following. Despite what the motoring press may say about the the 800 many owners (including myself) have been very pleased with them and nice examples of the Sterling, Vitesse and Coupe models are still highly prized and are still quite impressive looking, and people will pay good money for a nice one, even though the Trade values them as almost worthless.

According to Glass's a 1998 Vitesse Coupe is only worth about 300, but you try and buy me a nice one for less than 1500.

I know Rover 75's are getting cheap, but it won't be a nice one for 800!

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Could be the right time to sell a cheapie (ish)   Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Had to buy a tyre for it yesterday, and even part worn 17" tyres aren't cheap, and I reckon I may have to buy another one yet.

That's eaten into the profit!

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Could be the right time to sell a cheapie (ish)   Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Sold it at the weekend.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could be the right time to sell a cheapie (ish)   

Back to top Go down

Could be the right time to sell a cheapie (ish)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1