View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Happy Independence Day!   Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:40 am

I'm sipping on English sparkling wine in celebration as I type this. I don't know how other bangernomic motorists feel about this, but I for one am overwhelmed with joy. Cheers!

:Che: Cheers :CP:
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:37 pm

I'll drink to that :Che:

Cameron had a lot of responsibility for the outcome and has rightly resigned immediately. But it is amazing how little responsibility Labour has taken thus far. The result was made possible by a huge shift of Labour voters in Labour heartlands to Leave. The shift by many Labour voters to UKIP at the last election should have been a huge warning sign, but Labour did not listen, and instead elected a person as its leader who has little traction in the North. Labour did not want to listen to people's concerns about immigration and other things (all swivel-eyed racists in many Labour politicians' view), and this is the outcome. Labour may fundamentally disagree with the people's concerns but they have the responsibility to engage with them, listen with an open mind and try to offer solutions. They did not, and here we are. Cameron is responsible, but so is Corbyn. The difference, of course, is that Corbyn will probably not resign.
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Ant wrote:
I'll drink to that :Che:

I didn't, but I had a couple, wake-stylee. I wasn't expecting this, but then I didn't think y'all would elect Thatcher again either, and I was wrong more than once.

Rather worryingly, I don't think the Americans are stupid enough to elect Trump as president.

OOER.

I described myself recently as an "ex-sort-of-European". Now I'm an ex-ex-sort-of-European.

Interesting times, as the Chinese are supposed to say.

I'm from Scotland, but used to think voting for independence was giving in to narrow-minded atavistic nationalism. Now its perhaps giving in to Scottish narrow-minded atavistic nationalism, but rejecting English narrow-minded atavistic nationalism.

A bit confusing.
Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:30 pm

It appears you were so busy insulting nationalism that you forgot to actually make an argument...

Perhaps you could explain why national sovereignty is so deplorable, even if just to humor someone as "narrow-minded" as myself?
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:37 am

Justwatching wrote:
It appears you were so busy insulting nationalism that you forgot to actually make an argument...

I don't have to "make an argument". You didn't "make an argument" either.

You wrote "I don't know how other bangernomic motorists feel about this, but I for one am overwhelmed with joy"

Well, I, for another, aren't.

I didn't mean to imply that the separatists don't have good reasons, though.

Vladimir Putin is reportedly strongly in favor, and he's not stupid.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   

Back to top Go down

Happy Independence Day!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1