View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2014-03-13

PostSubject: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:14 pm

Just picked up this little beauty off ebay. Got it for 150 its got 10 months mot. Full service history. Bought it from a 94 year old thats given up driving. All thats wrong is a rust hole on the n/s wheel arch. Which il sort before putting it on the road next month. Its done 106k but feels like a car thats done 40k. New brakes nearly new tyres. Its so tight and the engines good and strong. So impressed. Even had half of a tank of fuel. I thought id stick 20 to get me home incase the gauge was wrong but it clicked off at 19 something. Really is a good little car. Never had a car with alloys or front fogs. Wont my tyre levers damage the wheels? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:19 pm

Just shows if you look after a car they do last and drive as good as new.
Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:28 pm

So what's wrong with it? 150 for a Fiesta w/ 10 month MoT seems too good to be true.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:09 pm

One wheel arch has a rust hole on it covered by tape. Which il sort. Its tidy underneath tho wants treating so it stays that way. They advertised it abit wrong saying it was a 1.3 so it was asumed it was the old pushrod endura engine. They didn't mention it was zetec model and gave very little information about the car. I asked questions and looked up the mot history. And normally a fiesta this age witn over 100k on the clock is knackered. They didn't even mention it had always been garaged! Looking over it gonna change the auxiliary belt as its got cracks in it. Will give it a quick oil change aswell. Its got a mark on the front bumper and iv noticed a stone chip starting to crack but iv bought a vacum windscreen repair kit to try. Gotta be worth a go.

They wrang me up in a panick before i picked it up cause they moved it out the garage and ridge tile landed on it. Il fix it when i do the arch. Don't think they wanted it go. They even left it taxed and insured for me to drive it home. I might gravitex the outer sills and paint them red. Only 2 plates on the sills which have been done to a very high standard. You can tell this car is gonna last along time.

There also isnt much of a market for these as the mk6s have become quite cheap. I couldn't get another mk3 they've shot up in price and hardly any around.
Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:55 pm

Well then I'm green with envy. I've paid more for cars and got less.

Good catch Thumb
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:57 pm

I was very lucky. I seem to have a good eye for buying cars. Got this one a month early tho.
Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:00 pm

greendefender123 wrote:
Got this one a month early tho.

Totally worth it. Getting a peach early is better than getting a lemon on time.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:14 pm

Yes very true, the girlfriend wasnt happy as she doesn't like red cars. But you cant say no to that history and condition. She'll get used to it. I just think its stupid buying cars on colour.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:38 pm

Iv just quickly tarted up the bonnet and bumper. Not perfect all done in one go, not letting the paint dry between coats as it was trying to rain. Really good bangernomics fix tho and not to orange peely. I filled the big hole behind the wheel arch. I used some mesh i found on a dog walk and fibreglass filler. Took 2 lots with the fibreglass filler and 2 lots with the body filler. Looks ok. Could of done a much better job but was still in a rush. Im happy with it anyway. I cut out and cleaned off all the rust and vactan on it and some zinc spray before i filled it. Arch is roughly the right shape. I attacked it with a brush as it was still trying to rain. Im very happy with it. Its nice and solid and looks good when you step back. Will hopefully last a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:42 pm

You cant see the damaged bonnet as it was done after i bought it but before i picked it up. Tho all sorted. Im just gonna touch up the drivers arch and re lacquer part of the rear bumper. I have all the materials anyway and got all the paint cheap on ebay.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:33 pm

Always the way, just been offered another for 20 with a weeks mot. Picking it up over the weekend. Think il turn it into a trial car as it needs welding. So a suspension lift and sumpguard will be in order. Pictures to follow soon.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:08 am

Was messed around with the 20 one. But picked this little beauty up for 40. Bodys got a little rust/damage and the windscreen has a crack. But its a good little car. Even has electric windows unlike the red one. Nearly 4 months mot. Will make a great trial car with some work.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:40 am

Back box's have gone on both. Tho bought one for the road one. It was only 16.79 at eurocarparts.com. its not to loud to bother with on the trial one. Which iv lifted and guarded. Also gave the road one an oil change. Had a petrol leak aswell. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Iv lifted it with homemade spacers. Already had the wheels and metal. Hasn't cost me anything.
Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Wouldn't have thought a fiesta would be very capable off-road. You obviously know something I don't.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Its dosent grip aswell as my old ka. But it done very well sunday. The lift really helped. The guard on the front takes away all your worries. Think the front tyres are a little to wide but il leave them as they are for now. Really need to sort the handbrake out. Cost me loads of points as I couldn't pull the front round to get through the tough tight sections. Think its a seized cable as it looks good in the drum but the lever hardly moves when the brakes applied but moves with a screwdriver. Self adjusters are working and the cables were fully adjusted. I'm gonna sort the handbrake and use it as it is for now. Only 4 of us finished.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:28 pm

Also changed the backbox on the red one today it wasn't attached to the centre atall. Could do with a new centre one really as its blowing very slightly on the joint due to rust. Tho I mean very slightly. Wouldn't be noticed on an mot or anything. Normally I would of got a new centre aswell unless it's in great condition but that's not very bangernomics. Still had a slight fuel leak but I replaced some crimp on clips with jubilee clips. Couldn't smell any fuel on the test drive some hopefully that's fixed. Vacuumed it out aswell inside plus abit of polish inside.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Been getting a wet floor. Really bad. Couldn't see where it was coming from from above. Hasn't used any water. Just looked underneath and its a rust hole in the floor. I ripped out the soggy insulation under the carpet. Dried it with a sponge and towl and covered the hole with roof flashing. If I re mot it il pop a plate over the hole.

The windscreen has got a massive crack in it now. MOT runs out on the 22nd of January so still got plenty left. I'm going to be doing more miles soon so am wondering if it's worth me getting a diesel. Been looking at the mk6 fiestas which iv owned 2 before. Great cars. But im also interested the mk2 focus. I'm sure I can handle the common problems with these tho am staying away from the mondeos.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:50 am

Still in love with this bloody car. What is it about these cars. Iv had loads over the years and loved everyone. The 1.25 zetec is incredible in this small car. When your on your own in the car it files! And will return 50 mpg if you want to bor yourself to death. Gonna miss this little beauty but the cracked screen and bad water leaks have pretty much written it off Sad that it'll need other mot work!
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:10 am

The fiesta is showing it's age now! Drove it through 2 foot of water the other week. Clutch started slipping. Filled the car up with water. Now starter motor takes a couple of attempts to start. Front fog is also smash from the same floods. The cracked screen is getting bigger. Front tyres are getting low. Might have to change one to make it to January. Its on 2 mm. Still drives smooth tho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.   

Back to top Go down

Ford Fiesta Mk4 Zetec this time.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1