AuthorMessage
kieran1978
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Iam a new member with a Peugeot 309   Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi
I drive an old peugeot 309 1.9d Zest, probaly not the prettiest of cars but my god how reliable its been. It had 116.00 miles when i bought it 6 months ago and now its got over 121 000. I havent had to spend that much money on it, 2 new tyres and a back box. Routine servicing and something that broke the only thing mind, had to replace the washer bottle motor. Its needed anew cv boot and i had the fuel lines replaced from the tank, so thats it. Very cheap motoring and i can get over 530 miles on a full tank of diesel and thats from mixed driving.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Welcome Aboard   Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:17 pm

Hello Kieran, I've already emailed you, but welcome to the small community that I will try and get much busier with the launch of the online Bangernomics Magazine, which of course will be entirely free. I will let everyone know when the website changes. Anyway Kieran is a great example to anyone who is worried about buying and running an older car.
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Iam a new member with a Peugeot 309   Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:33 pm

That's great that you've got such a reliable old car there. But what makes a banger really stand out is one that's not only reliable, but a pleasure to drive as well as own. It doesn't all have to be about penny pinching frugality in a boring old banger.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Kevin is right   Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Kevin is spot on that Bangernomics never means fun free motoring and it allows you to save up for something nice for the weekend...if you can combine then that is even better.
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
kieran1978
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Iam a new member with a Peugeot 309   Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi well i dont mind my little pug, not the last word in fashion, had to get used to no power steering. It makes me smile as its so nippy and u can put ya foot down. I d love something for the weekend, I d love another Renault 4, had one 10 years ago, and wish ii hadnt had to get rid!!!! But iam sure my little pug, will get me round for a year or so, fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
NerveJam
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Iam a new member with a Peugeot 309   Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:33 pm

I haven't seen a 309 in years. The last one was owned by a work colleague until his son crunched it. Embarassed
I nearly bought a diesel 309 years ago. Wouldn't start when I went to view it, so I left it alone.

Back to top Go down
jadis
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Iam a new member with a Peugeot 309   Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:14 pm

My dad had a cherry red 1.6 309 new C reg, it was a lovely car. Much better than the Alpine it replaced. There was if I remember right a special edition of the 309 GTI, called I think the "goodwood", it was a BRC green with full leather and gold alloys I think, sure I lusted after one at one time.

I do remember looking at a white 1300cc "Look" special edition not long after I passed my test, but the interior was minging, think the owner had dogs, everything was ripped and chewed so walked away and bought a Mark 1 Astra instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iam a new member with a Peugeot 309   

Back to top Go down

Iam a new member with a Peugeot 309

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1