View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EasternBloc
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Another Felicia (deja vu)   Mon May 18, 2015 2:26 am

Almost finished another year of studenting,  I will be around a bit more now.

Earlier in the year we had decided the Hatchback must go.  More on that in another post.  As a result it was decision time about having a replacement or not - should we keep a duo, one on the road the other making like an actor and resting?

Lets go for it.  Seemed that it would be easier to get another now than try when the other was pensioned off and the Felicia would be older and fewer of them about. Started looking casually and spied one (that I wanted) towards the end of February in the South East.  So I took my folding bike on the train and after a bit of cycling across London and a bit more in Surrey, after another short train journey - arrived. After purchase I drove home, with the bike I hasten to add :-)

> Long MOT
> Minor rust on arches - summer job
> 64K on clock
> Lots of history
> Non leaking sun-roof
> towbar
> A tidy motor

The wife and I have run the car for two months expecting to find some problems but have found nothing major. It is a bit musical - it likes humming, traced that to the rear hubs so a cheap and straight forward job for me during the summer. The car has recently started its rest until November so can do a bit of tidying up. Things like indicator bulbs are faded, (the painted type), a dashboard bulb has blown, high level brake light has a broken bracket so hanging one with one as the moment, tiny blow on exhaust, that sort of thing.

So the master plan is to keep a duo, it just happen now they are both estates (I prefer the boot space). At worst if the 'running' car should fail / cease to be for whatever reason, we have a backup that can be brought into use or be a parts donor.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(It is slightly lighter in real life)
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Another Felicia (deja vu)   Tue May 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Its great having a spare parts car. Im breaking a car the same as im doing up. Any time i need a part iv got one in seconds.
Loving the cycling part of the way. I walked for a couple hours once to pick a car up. It started raining i got soaked.

Good luck with the skoda sounds like youve got a good un.
Back to top Go down
EasternBloc
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Another Felicia (deja vu)   Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 am

Plants vs Zombies Skoda

It was time for the 'winter' car to be turned over and checked.
Under the bonnet was a very pale Bindweed failing to find any light. A shoot through hedge from next door.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wink  Is plant matter covered in MOT?

P.S. A good clean is on list before the car comes out of hibernation Smile
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Another Felicia (deja vu)   Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:44 am

You could give it a blast with Agent Orange the same time as you do the rust treatment. (IIRC it was mixed 50-50 with diesel or kerosene).

Deter those pesky Japanese patrols who do not know the war is over too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Felicia (deja vu)   

Back to top Go down

Another Felicia (deja vu)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1