View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joshwa
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: The car market...   Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:12 am

Is it just me or has everything gone crazy?

First big gas guzzlers dropped dramatically because of the rediculous tax hikes on 2001+ cars...
Then the credit crunch meant nobody was interested in cars anymore, further dropping car prices...
And now it's Christmas and everyone's spending money on presents...

So AWFUL time to sell a car?
But GREAT time to buy a car because they're so cheap!

Further to this they decided against the tax increases, so you can now buy big petrol cars again...

I'm *trying* to sell a Passat TDI - it's lost about 1500 in the last 12-18months in value - and nobodies interested in it - nothing seems to be selling.

Josh
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshwaller.co.uk
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The car market...   Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:24 pm

I have a 2005 Vauxhall Zafira for sale at the moment for 4595 and it's been sat there for three weeks. I've had one enquiry in that time. Chap wanted to p/ex his owned from new 2003, 36k Mondeo 1.8 Graphite. I dreaded having to tell him it was only worth 1800 trade, so I went for 2200 and even then he thought I was insulting him. I can't help what the guide book says, can I?

I personally don't think I will get 4500 for ther Zafira because there are so many around at all different price levels. And, of course, they're so bloody boring!

Kev.
Back to top Go down

The car market...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1