View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Not Big Not Clever   Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:16 pm

Watched the first edition of the James May "Peoples Car" tonight. (Dunno when it screened in the UK)

I generally like James May, and I found the program interesting, but I was hugely disappointed that he didn't resist the infantile temptation to drop that Lada from the helicopter.

This stopped being amusing on Top Gear a long, long time ago, certainly long before they did it with a Beetle. Doing it with cars that, by definition, have historical importance (otherwise they wouldn't be in the program) is indefensible. You are supposed to get that kind of thing out of your system by setting fire to your own, badly made Airfix models when you are, say, about 8.

I don't think it makes any difference that it was a car that was generally despised. and I don't say it because I rather liked mine. I don't like flies, but I wouldn't approve of children pulling the wings off them.

From the trailer, it looks as if there's quite a lot more of this kind of thing to come. Dunno if I'll watch the rest of the series.

Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Not Big Not Clever   Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Have to agree I watched it too and did wonder if he was going to do the same as they did on TG but as you quite rightly say they didn't, not sure I will be watching it again either however I do like James and he normally does talk a lot of sense.
Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Not Big Not Clever   Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:57 pm

Yeah, that sounds totally pointless. I'll give it a miss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Big Not Clever   

Back to top Go down

Not Big Not Clever

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1