AuthorMessage
tic toc
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-08-31

PostSubject: Hi   Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:32 pm

Alright,

Just found out about this place. My interest: Only passed my driving test last year (in an auto - don't hate me).

Wish to buy a banger at the 500 mark. Problem is, I'm finding it quite difficult to find one that fits my (limited) criteria, which includes small-ish engine, power steering, & of a certain age in order that my insurance is relatively cheap. The other main consideration is a long mot. I've been looking for ages - it's been harder than I anticipated.

Right, so now that I've explained my joining up, I'm off to peruse the site to pick up tips and generally join in.

I'm based in Bristol, btw. Any help greatly appreciated Smile

Cheers

t t
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Hi   Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:36 pm

I'd guess pickings are slimmer since the infamous scrappage scheme, though I've been out of the UK for a while so don't really know.

Good luck with your search.
Back to top Go down
greendefender123
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2014-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi   Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Iv helped a chap in village twice in the last year getting automatics, hes only had his licence 2 years. We found him a great astra 1.6 auto on a 02 plate which was 1200 the local garage father inlaw owned it and it was in great condition. He wrote it off 3 weeks ago and we found another one the same for 800 with the same miles on aswell. So look out for the astras theyve got better engines in then the ecotechs which are pants. Both his were from garages so should be cheaper else where. hope this helps abit. its hard to find a good cheap car, espically when your limited to autos.
Back to top Go down
Muji
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi   Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:33 pm

tic toc wrote:
Alright,

Just found out about this place. My interest: Only passed my driving test last year (in an auto - don't hate me).

Wish to buy a banger at the 500 mark. Problem is, I'm finding it quite difficult to find one that fits my (limited) criteria, which includes small-ish engine, power steering, & of a certain age in order that my insurance is relatively cheap. The other main consideration is a long mot. I've been looking for ages - it's been harder than I anticipated.

Right, so now that I've explained my joining up, I'm off to peruse the site to pick up tips and generally join in.

I'm based in Bristol, btw. Any help greatly appreciated Smile

Cheers

t t

Hello Welcome
I'd recommend a K11 (1992-2002) Nissan Micra 1.0 or if you can insure it preferably 1.3 or 1.4.
These are great little cars, cheap, surprisingly brisk, economical & so un-cool they're sub-zero :Co:
The auto is a CVT (it's what we have) & they're a nice driving little car.
Cheers
Dave
Back to top Go down
TechSupport
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2013-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Hi   Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:41 am

Welcome " tic toc " Please feel free to look around, ask questions and share your own experiences :Co:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Hi   Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Welcome Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi   

Back to top Go down