AuthorMessage
EasternBloc
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Another Felicia   Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi,

Sorry I've been absent for (quite) a bit.  I hope everyone is motoring economically. It has been a busy year.  I become a student, well, a mature student. In fact, I think I could be classed as Extra Mature!

The Felicia hatchback picked up last year is still going strong, almost 20k 16 months later.  The problem at the MOT last August was the broken down catalytic converter.  Most of it was actually in the back box.

Anyway this is supposed to be about the ‘new’ car.

In a moment of sheer madness we bought another Felicia, this time a pre facelift estate ‘97. The hatchback was too cramped for the holidays last year so, it made sense to have the extra space.  For me though I have ventured into new territory and got the non-Skoda engine 1.6 version, (always had 1.3 Favorits/Felicias).   Its 85k fairly tidy, including the rear wheel arches. The issues to sort soon are a right side CV joint, the coolant temperature sensor and a missing bit of cold air ducting. Plus the sunroof doesn’t leak!?  More to be discovered possibly/probably? Scotland here we come in August.

In an aid to preserve the life of the cars we are going to run the estate in the summer and the hatch in the winter, 6 months on 6 months off each.
Not taken any proper photos but got this one off the mobile.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ttfn
Back to top Go down
TechSupport
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2013-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Another Felicia   Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:44 am

All sounds good and welcome back  :Wa: looking forward to some pics.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
EasternBloc
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Another Felicia   Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:25 am

I'll try again with the image:

Wink
Back to top Go down
MilfordHaven
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Another Felicia   Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:27 am

From what I can see it looks in pretty good nick, these seem to last for years if looked after and it does sound as though you are the many  Shake 
Back to top Go down
EasternBloc
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: I was wrong about the Sunroof   Mon May 18, 2015 3:51 am

While we were on holiday last August it started leaking, so as a temporary measure I taped it up.

The car then had a seven month rest from November to 1st May when it promptly failed its MOT test. Prior to the test I had swapped the wheels over to the newer tyres from the not so good tyres used for standing about on and when I jacked the car up to change the final wheel, the OSR, I could feel the sill was a bit soft. And it was. Any how I don't weld so £140 later it passed. One advisory - oil leak. Really, for 1997 !  It must be putting down about a teaspoon a month.

Last week I took off the tape around the sun roof and took out the glass then removed the bathroom sealant (applied by previous owner or beyond) and cleaned up the rubber, which I happily found to be in very good condition. Emptied a tube of flow-able silicon sealant underneath the rubber and refitted the glass and that seems to have done the job.

Got the mileage up to 91k now and again Scotland is pending in three months :-D

Hopefully some happy daily and summer motoring to come.

More typical Scottish weather last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Felicia   

Back to top Go down

Another Felicia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1