View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TechSupport
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2013-01-25

PostSubject: Duchess of Delhi Indian restaurant    Thu May 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Just thought I would share my experience of a so called Indian restaurant in Cardiff bay

We visited this restaurant on 28th May after trying various other places around the Bay, we

are both great curry eaters and was looking forward to trying what looked to be a new

experience?? and yes it was!!! We were greeted by an Asian lady who showed us to our table

and gave us some menu's to look at and asked us if we would like any drink which we promptly

ordered along with a few poppadoms. This all arrived quite quickly and the waitress was very

polite, however we seemed to wait an age before she returned for our main order which was

very annoying considering the place was almost empty, anyway we started to order our food

and I was asking for our order to be cooked with fresh green chilli which she didn't quite

understand but then another waitress/manager came over who fully understood what I was

asking for to take the order, we all had a biriyani we were 2 adults and a child so I

specifically said that the one for our child needed to be mild and could we, the adults,

have both the rice part of the dish and the vegetable accompliment that comes with it cooked

with fresh green chilli to which she said yes that wont be a problem. Anyway we waited yet

another what seemed to be a lifetime for our food to arrive, only to find that there were

only 2 main dishes when we had clearly ordered 3 so we just sat there and waited for the 3rd

dish and a side dish to arrive, they bought out the side dish and some sort of very watery

sauce but not 3rd main?? Upon asking where it was we were told that there was only 2 but

then the waitress who took the order corrected the serving waiter by telling him that there

should be another and we were told it will be a few minutes? Well we waited and it was

sometime before the waiter came back and told us to share the one we had at that point I

asked where the vegetable sauce that comes with biriyani was? He said we do not provide any

sauce only Raith (Yogurt) well I was annoyed now because we weren't told this when I asked

for the vegetable sauce to be cooked with fresh green chillies. We decided to try and make

the best of what we had only to find what I can only describe as scandalous!!! Each bowel of

biriyani contained what I can only describe a Pilau  rice with a few onion's and 4 small

pieces of chicken and at over £11 a shot I thought we would get something really special.

Apparently the watery sauce stuff was a complimentary dish but it was really as bad as the

biriyani. On the menu the dish is described as (In countries of the Indian sub-continent,

the recipe of biriyani has evolved, under a flaky crust with fragrant spices, served with

Raith)
The dish we were served was very bland and far from being cooked with ' fragrant

spices'
We didn't finish our food and got up to pay the bill where the waiter asked if

everything was ok? I replied with no! The food was very poor and so was the service to which

he replied 'I am sorry about that' and promptly relieved me of almost £55. I know a lot

about the Asian food I eat and have eaten in more Indian restaurants than I care to remember

and the Duchess of Delhi comes very near the worst!! To summarize.... Very slow service, poor/ badly cooked food, over priced.

Avoid this place or try it ? it's up to you?

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Duchess of Delhi Indian restaurant    Fri May 30, 2014 9:48 pm

Sorry to hear your evening was ruined like this. Places like this will stay in business if you pay them though. I'd have been inclined to walk out (and have done before).
Back to top Go down
TechSupport
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Duchess of Delhi Indian restaurant    Fri May 30, 2014 10:20 pm

Justwatching wrote:
Sorry to hear your evening was ruined like this. Places like this will stay in business if you pay them though. I'd have been inclined to walk out (and have done before).

Agreed but had a child with us so didn't want any trouble  Headbang 

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
TechSupport
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Duchess of Delhi Indian restaurant    Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:27 pm

Just thought I would let you know of their response lm  Full of lies as you can imagine.

Johnny T, Manager at Duchess of Delhi, responded to this review, 2 days ago.

Thank you for taking time to review us, we appreciate all feedback, negative or positive. In

your case sorry you have had a very unpleasant experience.

As you correctly said you ordered biriani's but you clearly asked us to leave the biriani as

it is normally served but we should provide you spicy sauces. All our dishes are served as

its written on the menu, you asked us to provide additional sauces we provided them

complimentary along with the raitha that accompanies the biriani.

When we asked how was your meal there was no complaint. When you asked for the bill you

stated you did not like your biriani, you said there should of been more chillies in the

biriani as it was too bland for you. If you wanted the biriani to cooked to your

specification we would of done so but you asked us not to amend the biriani in any way and

serve it normal. About the service, your meal was served on time, your drinks was served on

time, we did attend your table when needed why rate it so poor?

I would also like to state the customer who complained on the night did not leave a single

grain of rice left on his plate, the child who was dining was the only person not to finish

his meal.

When customers do not enjoy their food, we offer the meal that they didn't enjoy as

complimentary or provide them with an additional dish to take away, customer rejected

collected his bill and left. We feel like we tried our best to rectify this but we came to

no reasonable solution with the customer. s

And this is how I responded to them...

This is a total pack of lies! I did not ask for the Biryani to be served as normal, in fact

I didn't ask for anything except that it was cooked with fresh green chilli's. No one

finished their meal and we wasn't offered anything else! And I did complain as I paid my

bill. I'm sorry but this restaurant shouldn't be allowed to post these lies.

My response directly to their site (Duchess of Delhi)

I just read your response to what I wrote, and these are nothing but lies. I

didn't ask for the food to be served as normal and none of us finished the food, in fact

when I ordered the food I made it very clear that I wanted both the Biriyani and the

vegetable sauce cooked which fresh green chilli.

I know what good food is and you are a long way off from anything that comes close to good!!!

Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Duchess of Delhi Indian restaurant    Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:44 pm

I visited the same place about a year a go and the food was dreadful and yes you are right they are very over priced and serve out what I can only describe as second rate food which goes with their service which is nothing but rude and don't care attitude. Well we all learn but sometimes its an expensive way  Shock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duchess of Delhi Indian restaurant    

Back to top Go down

Duchess of Delhi Indian restaurant

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1