View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: UK Car Brand Punter Rankings?   Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:26 am

Anyone know if there's any rough equivalent to the likes of the US Consumer Reports Brand Perception Survey for the UK market?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm after a more or less subjective consumer ranking of the main car brands, available publicly (favorite) or by subscription, but accessible via the web.

I'd guess Which probably do it (by subscription). Anywhere else?

A while ago I said I'd help The Taiwanette write her MBA research proposal.

Turns out she's spent 2 months "thinking about handbags" (To be fair, I don't think I could do that) and has come up with essentially nothing, so I have a day to chuck something together.

It wont be about handbags.
Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: UK Car Brand Punter Rankings?   Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:01 pm

"Ranking" seems to be the main hang-up. Parkers do both professional and owner reviews, but annoyingly don't average the owner reviews, so interpreting them is very subjective indeed. WhatCar? have a slightly improved system where both professional and owner reviews are comparable, but no ranking system. Car Reliability Index rank cars on reliability (obviously), but this is based on factual reliability (i.e. breakdown incidence, average repair cost, etc.), not the perceived reliability by the owner.

A small brand reputation survey in a PR Week article was the best I could find. They're mainly banging on about the effect of some green peace campaign, but toward the end there's some information/charts comparing public perceptions relating to 6 popular car brands.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: UK Car Brand Punter Rankings?   Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:49 am

Thanks for that.

6 isn't really enough to do stats on, but might be useful background. I'll have a look at the other sites you mention.

I cobbled some available UK and US data together, not ideal but good enough for present purposes. If it goes further I'll need better data, but it may be difficult to stop The Taiwanette reverting to handbags.

I found an Autoexpress survey that looked to contain at least some subjective elements, but my Internet connection was pretty flaky last night and I couldn't get to the survey site to look at the individual variables, so I didn't use it.

Was going to "Ask Honest John" but I couldn't get there either. Might do that today, but my last post on there dissed one of his earlier answers so he might not be feeling well disposed Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK Car Brand Punter Rankings?   

Back to top Go down

UK Car Brand Punter Rankings?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1