View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Absurd Adverts   Fri May 18, 2007 9:41 pm

Heard on the radio today that I can get a brand new Land Rover Freelander for 'just' 19,995 from my local dealer. I love the way they say 'just' like you have that kind of dosh in your top pocket.

The other stupid one I heard was that I can have a new Volvo Somethingorother for 'just' 399 a month! Where do I sign?

Does anyone actually rush to the dealer to part with their cash when they hear these ads. I just cringe.

Have they not heard of the FreeAds. You can buy a ten-year-old car for 399 in there with nothing more to pay (hopefully) for as long as you own the car*. But no, a BMW driving spokesman from the SMMT told you that cars that were built before last week are lethal and you should always buy the latest model with dozens of airbags to cushion the blow of those hefty finance repayments that you can't really afford. And what will the neighbours think?

*Subject to annual MoT test.

Kev.

By the way, hello everyone!
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Absurd Adverts   Fri May 18, 2007 10:12 pm

I agree that 'only' is absolutely priceless, well actually you can put a price on it and that's...19,995 which you will be paying off forever...
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
NerveJam
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Absurd Adverts   Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:32 pm

Rovamota wrote:
Heard on the radio today that I can get a brand new Land Rover Freelander for 'just' 19,995 from my local dealer. I love the way they say 'just' like you have that kind of dosh in your top pocket.

The other stupid one I heard was that I can have a new Volvo Somethingorother for 'just' 399 a month! Where do I sign?

Does anyone actually rush to the dealer to part with their cash when they hear these ads. I just cringe.

Have they not heard of the FreeAds. You can buy a ten-year-old car for 399 in there with nothing more to pay (hopefully) for as long as you own the car*. But no, a BMW driving spokesman from the SMMT told you that cars that were built before last week are lethal and you should always buy the latest model with dozens of airbags to cushion the blow of those hefty finance repayments that you can't really afford. And what will the neighbours think?

*Subject to annual MoT test.

Kev.

By the way, hello everyone!

I REALLY don't care what the neighbours think. I have two Micras and a Festa. (I know what I mean) All bangers. Sod em.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absurd Adverts   

Back to top Go down

Absurd Adverts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1