View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
c5alan
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Free New Tyre   Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:19 pm

yes this is In the right section just a free way to get a new tyre for you car drive your tyres till they are nearly done prob best to leave about 1k miles on them and pull out the spare stick it on and bung old wheel in the boot drive till other tyre is dead replace it. Great if you dont expect your car to get through another mot why send it to th scrap man with a good tyre in the boot??? But since you left about 1k miles on the new spare it can still be used
If you have alloys pay the fiver when you get the new tyre fitted to swap spare and alloy tyres over or if your as tight as me an dont care how it looks just run the steel till it dies.

2003 Citroen C5 HDI Exclusive only 218,000 miles on her so just about run in now family owned from new SOLD
1997 fourtrak SOLD thanks goodness complete death trap
2002 Renault Megane Scenic 1.9 DCI 112,000 miles soon to be on biodiesel
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Free New Tyre   Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:08 am

For a minute there I thought it was a way to get a free new tyre, but in fact its saying dont give someone else a free new tyre if you can avoid it.

Goes without saying, really, but sometimes you can't avoid it.

One other way I avoid it here is with a DIY puncture repair kit. Used it loads of times and never had a problem with tyres so repaired, but I doubt they are still available in the UK, and may not even be legal.

IIRC UK tyre outlets weren't that keen on "professional" tyre repair either, and much preferred to sell you a new one, charging to dispose of the old one.

So that's another way. Emigrate Smile

Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Free New Tyre   Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:15 pm

edlithgow wrote:
One other way I avoid it here is with a DIY puncture repair kit. Used it loads of times and never had a problem with tyres so repaired, but I doubt they are still available in the UK, and may not even be legal.
Yeah, they're available. Bought one off eBay last year. Used it to repair two punctures (50% success rate).
Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Free New Tyre   Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:28 pm

if you use a wee back street guy or someone that fits part worns they should be able to do puncture repairs I get mine done for a fiver where I get my part worns from. Main prob round here is that punctures are normally due to pot holes so side wall damage therefore scrap the tyre

2003 Citroen C5 HDI Exclusive only 218,000 miles on her so just about run in now family owned from new SOLD
1997 fourtrak SOLD thanks goodness complete death trap
2002 Renault Megane Scenic 1.9 DCI 112,000 miles soon to be on biodiesel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free New Tyre   

Back to top Go down

Free New Tyre

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1