HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | .

There'll be a welcome in the hillside.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: There'll be a welcome in the hillside.....   Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll be back there on Tuesday. Another reason not to run a new car (and to get a dashcam)

(EDIT: Can't get it to run or embed from source, so please ignore. MODS delete at your convenience)

Back to top Go down
TechSupport
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2013-01-25

PostSubject: Re: There'll be a welcome in the hillside.....   Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:02 pm

There you are Thumb 

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: There'll be a welcome in the hillside.....   Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:17 am

OMG!!!

Shock 

Was that just a video you found from your area or was that your Dash cam?

either way crikey

You see the wave of built up rain and think that bad enough but wasn't expecting that boulder Shocked 

That driver has a very very lucky escape Shock

edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: There'll be a welcome in the hillside.....   Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks for fixing it. I was in Australia when I saw the vid. Back now.

I think the "wave" is probably ejecta from the impact of the boulder further up the hill, and it MAY be what saved the car, since it knocks it sideways a bit, and must also have slowed the boulder down.

It seems to have triggered a bit of a geological witch hunt, with news bulletins showing poised boulders being demolished around Taiwan.

I don't have a dashcam (would cost more than my car did) but I've been thinking of getting one, more to assign blame in traffic accidents (unless they're my fault, of course) than to record natural disasters.

Won't be driving much for a while though, since I failed to fix my sump leak, and have the start-of-term crisis/panic to get through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There'll be a welcome in the hillside.....   

Back to top Go down

There'll be a welcome in the hillside.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bangernomics :: Videos-