How's your banger coping with the heat?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Father Tiresias
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-02-06

PostSubject: How's your banger coping with the heat?   Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:05 pm

Got to say that the old Merc is doing great.  Despite being stuck in traffic at Alton Towers for two hours the other day it hasn't boiled up or missed a beat.  As usual the Jeep is broken though but nothing to do with the heat Mad
Back to top Go down
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: How's your banger coping with the heat?   Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:15 pm

Gotta say my old Benz never really complains whatever the weather Bow 

Though yesterday I noticed the steering was super super light though I guess in this weather fluids are at boiling temp even without starting the motor Rolling Eyes 

Also have a power window fault on the drivers window Headbang 

Great timing huh??

Apart from the fact id kill for Air Con in it right now i really cannot complain its as good as Gold Thumb 

Seriously though I wish this weather would go away as its beyond any sort of enjoyment now and I am praying for torrential rain :Pr:

Justwatching
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: How's your banger coping with the heat?   Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:22 am

Only thing that's been over heating on the Volvo are the seats. Black leather gets stupidly hot in the sun.
Back to top Go down
Father Tiresias
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-02-06

PostSubject: Re: How's your banger coping with the heat?   Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Justwatching wrote:
Only thing that's been over heating on the Volvo are the seats. Black leather gets stupidly hot in the sun.

So it's really your bum that has been overheating then Thumb
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: How's your banger coping with the heat?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:32 am

Plastics have gone a bit brittle, window rubbers leak a bit, and most of the paint has come off the roof.

If I don't cover the window/put a cover over the steering wheel, I have to use a wet cloth on it for a few minutes before I can touch it with bare hands.

But, even in these changed climate days, I suspect you may have a different reference frame for "heat" back in the Yook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's your banger coping with the heat?   

Back to top Go down

How's your banger coping with the heat?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1