HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | .

What do you treat yourself to or would like to with the money saved from Bangernomics Motoring ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: What do you treat yourself to or would like to with the money saved from Bangernomics Motoring ?   Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:08 am

So you follow the philosophy of Bangernomics and you have left behind big car finance to be replaced with motoring that costs less than the deposit of a shiny new depreciation box Thumb

The way I see it is we all have passions in life and its just the goalposts that move so you find that you no longer need that shiny new car with latest numberplate in your life and then end up with some disposable cash :Wky:

So what do you spend it on? Or what would you like to spend it on?

It could be anything even another vehicle,I don't think there's anything wrong with investing in a appreciating classic for example so long as its an investment rather than something that's loosing money by the minute Rolling Eyes

Ill go first

So I am now motoring around in my 1200 Benz which cost me 800 less than the Deposit on the last car I financed cheerscheerscheers

Now what id really like is a Camper Van bounce

Id Really like one of these

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But I will probably more likely to end up with one of these

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Id love a Bay Window the Original Hippy Bus but the prices are just silly affraid

Even if I could afford the prices I doubt I could live with myself if id spent 12k+++ affraidaffraidaffraid

The T25 or wedgie as they call is is much better Value :Wky:

I am not that bothered about a full blown camper van I would be happy enough with a Caravelle/Posh minibus kind of affair as long as I could fit a rock and roll bed :Wky:

If you think about it a VW camper is a bed on wheels only extras are a sink,cooker,fridge....

I already have a portable stove,you can get portable camping fridges and cool boxes very easily these days so a adapted Caravelle or van with a foldaway bed and sink and portable cooking and cooling devices would suit my needs perfectly Thumb

Myself and my partner go to lots of outdoor events,car shows,gigs,motor racing etc etc and spend a small fortune on Travelodge's and really poor quality food at extortionate prices Food

To my mind a Day Van/Camper with cooking facilities would in the long run save us a fortune and give us the opportunity to go wherever we like when we like without worrying about where to eat or sleep Thumb

Deep down I just cant kick the Bangernomics thing though and deep down and know if I could get a cheaper bus that needing some tlc I would rather do that than pay silly money for a museum type condition example Rolling Eyes

Ill never get a van for Bangernomics money but all things proportionate on camper van scales that's what I am aiming for :Wky:

So that's my goal from monay saved from not having car finance so whats yours?

A classic car,a holiday,a boat etc etc etc..............

What are you planning to spend the money you have saved through Bangernomics Motoring????

Over to you..............

Jodie Smile

geedub
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-06-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you treat yourself to or would like to with the money saved from Bangernomics Motoring ?   Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Well, having just spent some dosh on the Lexus to give it a good chance of lasting another couple of years, I'm seriously tempted to pick myself up a Merc SLK as a weekend runabout. I've seen 'em around for 2-3k.

That plus the Lexus would still be less than the deposit on something new. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

What do you treat yourself to or would like to with the money saved from Bangernomics Motoring ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1