Do I have starting issues looming? Pre Glow Issues :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Do I have starting issues looming? Pre Glow Issues :(   Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:01 am

My Mercedes 2.5 190d has suddenly started doing odd things on start up scratch

When you switch the Ignition to the Pre Glow position the Glow Plug Light flickers on then off in a split second like its trying to come on but not quite managing to :Cry2:

At the same time my Oil Pressure goes to 1 bar on the gauge which is perfectly normal in the Pre Glow position but within a couple of seconds there's a clicking noise and the gauge drops to 0 :Cry2:

However at present the car still starts up fine but I cant help but be concerned the light struggling to come on the click and the dropping oil pressure is an indicator of a looming issue???

Once started there's no misfire it runs and drives well and the oil pressure stays between 2-3 with no issues Thumb

What is causing these issues in the Pre Glow procedure and how do I rectify it and return things to how things used to be?

Many Thanks in advance

Jodie Very Happy

Ant
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2013-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Do I have starting issues looming? Pre Glow Issues :(   Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:27 am

You could try cleaning your glow plug relay and testing it, but it could also indicate that your plugs or plug maybe faulty.
Back to top Go down
MilfordHaven
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Do I have starting issues looming? Pre Glow Issues :(   Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:32 am

Do you get any smoke when it starts?
Back to top Go down
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Do I have starting issues looming? Pre Glow Issues :(   Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 pm

MilfordHaven wrote:
Do you get any smoke when it starts?

No its as clean as a whistle in fact it burns much cleaner than my partners 2008 Mini diesel that belches out soot every time you accelerate :W:

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do I have starting issues looming? Pre Glow Issues :(   

Back to top Go down

Do I have starting issues looming? Pre Glow Issues :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1