HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | .

Help! I'm thinking of buying a Citroen!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Help! I'm thinking of buying a Citroen!!   Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:57 am

And not just ANY Citroen, but a 1960's Ami 6!!!

In Taiwan!!!!

I've NEVER seen another one here before, in about a decade. I've seen a 2CV exactly twice.

These are NOT good omens

I bet they want a ludicrous amount of money for it, and spares are going to have to be sourced by direction générale de la sécurité extérieure agents and come in via the diplomatic bag, where they might give my morning croissant delivery an oily taint.

My mind is going. I can feel it. Non, non rien......non, je ne regrette rien.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
stereosound
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm thinking of buying a Citroen!!   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:57 am

I have to say I really like that Wub

Not sure on the paint job but do like the car Wub

Those sort of Citroen tend to be simple things I am not 100% sure but think you could probably use mechanical bits from other models like the 2cv,Dyane and later Visa models (there again when did you last see a visa?)

There are no hydraulics as far as I know so as long as its structurally sound and mechanically ok I so no reason to not take the plunge :Wky:

Is this a classic car for you or does thins fall into the Bangernomics budget?

Whats the price in UK sterling?

Keep us posted I do like that little Ami Wub

Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm thinking of buying a Citroen!!   Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:44 am

Scared to ask the price. I'll have to get the GF to ask anyway, and she's definately going to be opposed.

She's Taiwanese, so wouldn't consider anything old unless its officially "cool", and these are too rare to be fashionable here. Cool is VW beetle, Austin Mini, Lambretta/Vespa scooter, and that's about it.

She thinks it'll be similarly priced to my Skywing (about 300 quid). I'm quite sure she's wrong, and that the dealer is waiting for a foreign nutter with more money than sense to come along.

In the UK I'd guess it'd be a couple of grand by now, so definately classic territory.
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm thinking of buying a Citroen!!   Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:04 am

Admin wrote:
as long as its structurally sound and mechanically ok I so no reason to not take the plunge :Wky:

Vraiment je suis plongeur, mais....eh bien, ma petite chou, peut etre, how you say een Eengleesh, per'aps because eet is a unique (problement actuellement unique locally) probably bloody expensive 50 year old car in a country that is essentially a maintenance free zone, full of lousy drivers and 9503 typhoon-tossed, shark infested sea miles from 'ome

And yet.....Non....non rien.....non...never not no rien......
Back to top Go down
redlorry
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm thinking of buying a Citroen!!   Wed May 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Ami 6 = very cool Bow (well in my opinion at least!)

1991 Volkswagen Golf 1.3 Ryder 5dr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! I'm thinking of buying a Citroen!!   

Back to top Go down

Help! I'm thinking of buying a Citroen!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1