future bangers your looking forward to owning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
c5alan
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:12 pm

just wondering are there any current new cars that you are looking forward to becomeing bangers as I cant think of any just a sea of bland boring stuff that doesnt fill me with any excitment. Remeber when you where a kid and so many cars looked great and you would dream of owning one now what can we drool over.

2003 Citroen C5 HDI Exclusive only 218,000 miles on her so just about run in now family owned from new SOLD
1997 fourtrak SOLD thanks goodness complete death trap
2002 Renault Megane Scenic 1.9 DCI 112,000 miles soon to be on biodiesel
Back to top Go down
Father Tiresias
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-02-06

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:47 pm

I think it must be my age but I can't think of any car that has been made since the turn of the century that I particularly yearn for. I suppose the new shape Scirocco is quite nice but nowt else does much for me. The trouble is that they all look boringly the same!!
Back to top Go down
stevelew
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Wed May 08, 2013 6:58 pm

i love the look of the kia soul. i saw one in black with red seats that looked quite cool
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Wed May 15, 2013 9:15 am

My car-buying age cut-off is the mandatory 3-way catalyst, which IIRC was 1993 in the UK.

So no.

Eventually all the non-cat cars will die, (but then so will I) or achieve cult status. (I've already done that.)
Back to top Go down
Essex man
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-12-03

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Thu May 16, 2013 2:12 pm

Father Tiresias wrote:
I think it must be my age but I can't think of any car that has been made since the turn of the century that I particularly yearn for. I suppose the new shape Scirocco is quite nice but nowt else does much for me. The trouble is that they all look boringly the same!!

I'm with you on the Scirocco! I saw one in Asda car park last week and its a good looking car. But with all those fancy electronics to go wrong (that need to work for MOT), god knows what running them as bangers will be like or any other relatively modern car. So much will be down to luck, especially with the hidden timebombs eg DPF, DMF and the fancy injection pumps not available second hand
Back to top Go down
TechSupport
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2013-01-25

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Fri May 17, 2013 10:34 am

My partner has just bought what I believe to be a future/present bangernomics car which she will tell you more about later, its a 1993 Golf 1.8, full MOT petrol, last service including cam belt 2 months ago, 1 owner from new with only 31000 miles on the clock and full service history with 17 stamps in the service book.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Sun May 19, 2013 9:20 am

Nice. Well done.

But...er...since its 20 years old, I'm not sure its a very good fit with this topic. Perhaps that's your point?
Back to top Go down
TechSupport
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Sun May 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Didn't know there was an age limit Shock

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
MilfordHaven
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Sun May 19, 2013 2:45 pm

edlithgow wrote:
Nice. Well done.

But...er...since its 20 years old, I'm not sure its a very good fit with this topic. Perhaps that's your point?

What difference does age make if the price is right.

Nice one Tech Clap
Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Mon May 20, 2013 1:32 am

No biggie, but the thread is about current new cars ("future bangers").
Back to top Go down
matto
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-06-04

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:21 pm

The Dacia Duster and Proton Savvy are two on my list... maybe a Subaru BRZ but I'll probably be too old to appreciate one when it reaches a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
magpie215
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-03-22

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:54 pm

I am looking forward to MINIs dropping into Banger territory.
Back to top Go down
Wrench
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:58 pm

I take it you mean the new mini? known as the Bini
Back to top Go down
magpie215
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-03-22

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:40 pm

Wrench wrote:
I take it you mean the new mini? known as the Bini

yep
Back to top Go down
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:30 pm

Im looking forward to the MkV Golf straying into banger territory :Wky:

We had this one brand new between 2007-2010

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was on lease at the time but id have another as a banger if and when they get cheap enough Thumb

The mkV Golf was for VW their equivalent of the Mercedes W124 in terms of over engineering

The shell is completely lazer seam welded and tough of old boots

The ones to go for are the 2.0 TDI models without a doubt :Wky:

Fabulous Cars

ventorafred
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:00 am

Skoda Yeti
I like this muchly

Not much else really
most look like clones of each other
Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Tata Nano (if it ever passes European homologation)
Mercedes W211 (though electrical issues might mean giving it a miss)
Volvo S40 DRIVe
Smart Roadster Coupe (it's almost in banger territory! I suspect it's a B***h to work on though)
Back to top Go down
skodaking
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-01-30

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:45 pm

matto wrote:
The Dacia Duster and Proton Savvy are two on my list... maybe a Subaru BRZ but I'll probably be too old to appreciate one when it reaches a reasonable price.

I don't think you'll have much longer to wait for the Proton mate, you can already pick up savvy's (savvies?) for just over a grand...next year, sub 1000 by my reckoning.
Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:34 pm

Renault Twingo - something about rear-engine, rear-wheel drive that gets me hot 'n' bothered. Like a VW beetle/smart fortwo, only with more doors, better fuel economy and less rust (than the former, at least).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Citroen C4 Cactus - I just love an odd-ball.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

And look, that's virtually a bench seat up front!

Saab 9-5 (final generation) - might be Saab's finest car (IMHO). The three-box saloon seems to be a slowly disappearing platform, probably loosing market to more practical but less attractive hatchbacks (I keep the torch alight with my rusty Rover!). Unfortunately, they're holding value stubbornly well.

Citroen C6 - super cool. A future classic for sure. I can feel the ride comfort from here! Think I might have a thing for french cars, ya know. Just don't ask about the road tax on this one...

Back to top Go down
edlithgow
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:15 am

c5alan wrote:
Remeber when you where a kid and so many cars looked great and you would dream of owning one now what can we drool over.

Yeh. Still do a bit. But over the same cars.
Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Mazda MX-5 N/D

Mazda 6

Only have to wait 15 years or so...
Back to top Go down
TechSupport
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:36 pm

Thumb Thumb Thumb Thumb Thumb

Back to top Go down
linux geek
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2015-12-09

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Im wondering about the new mg6 if they don't take off prices will drop like a stone
Back to top Go down
Justwatching
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:44 pm

Initially passed on the MG6, but now they've got a diesel I'm interested. A bargain in the making and one to keep an eye on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: future bangers your looking forward to owning   

Back to top Go down

future bangers your looking forward to owning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1