View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ecosseman
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-02-28

PostSubject: Is It Just Me ??   Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Is it just me, but when you are looking for a motor there are very few you really want? So you widen your scope.

But the minute you do buy something, loads you would want to buy suddenly appear in the classifieds.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Father Tiresias
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Is It Just Me ??   Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:40 pm

I find that the answer is not to look for a specific car but look within a specific budget and consider anything. When I got my current Mercedes I was looking for a Golf GTi. About the only thing that they have in common is that they are both German. But a search on ebay with a 30 mile distance of my post code (which in ebay miles is closer to 50!!) and with a maximum budget of 1000 turned up a Mercedes C180 estate fairly close by. Worth a look I thought so I went and had a gander, and bought it. Definitely not the type of car I would normally buy but its condition was good and it drove very well. Six years later I'm still driving it!! (still got a hankering for another GTi though).
Back to top Go down
magpie215
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Is It Just Me ??   Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:22 am

Father Tiresias wrote:
I find that the answer is not to look for a specific car but look within a specific budget and consider anything. When I got my current Mercedes I was looking for a Golf GTi. About the only thing that they have in common is that they are both German. But a search on ebay with a 30 mile distance of my post code (which in ebay miles is closer to 50!!) and with a maximum budget of 1000 turned up a Mercedes C180 estate fairly close by. Worth a look I thought so I went and had a gander, and bought it. Definitely not the type of car I would normally buy but its condition was good and it drove very well. Six years later I'm still driving it!! (still got a hankering for another GTi though).

I agree in banger land condition and length of MOT come way above make and model IMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is It Just Me ??   

Back to top Go down

Is It Just Me ??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bangernomics :: Chat :: Banger chat-