HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | .

Mail Order Car Parts i could scream!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Mail Order Car Parts i could scream!!!!!!   Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:54 pm

My Mercedes 190d really is a good old bus but it needs a really good service!

After failing to get anything I needed for it locally short of going to a Stealership and paying through the nose I decided to go down the Mail Order route and its turning out to be a bit of a nightmare Sad

First I found I could get a discount at Euro car Parts but only online but i could pay in store and pick up locally :Wky:

But then one store had one bit but not the other Headbang

In the end I bit the bullet and thought sod it and ordered everything online

I wanted an Oil Filter,Air Filter,Primary and Secondary Fuel Filters I tried to order from ECP they told me they don't sell the secondarys for my car Headbang

So I just ordered the Primary one :Wky:

I ordered the secondary filters from Car Parts 4 Less (some of you may be one step ahead of me now) but when the money came out of my account it was Euro Car Parts Rolling Eyes

So this morning All of my ECP stuff turned up cheers

A power steering filter from elsewhere turned up cheers

The secondary filters turned up from CP4L or so I thought Rolling Eyes

I payed for two the invoice said there were two but there's one missing :Ang:

OK its only 2 but its the principle of the thing :W:

Ive emailed them hopefully they will just send the other back out if not ill claim from eBay and leave them poor feedback :W:

Then there's those last few final bits,I thought I needed new crush washers for the sump plug but it appears they are included in the Oil filter box Thumb

But....................

There is an oil filter return pipe goes down the middle of the filter housing with two tiny O rings at the base of it,I thought they were included in the oil filter but alas no so gain one thing loose another Rolling Eyes

So I guess its the long painful order from MB at silly prices just for two O rings Rolling Eyes

I still haven't got the Oil either as they only sell Mineral Diesel Oil round these ere parts so its Mail Order or Nothing me guesses?

Grrrrrrr

I want to scream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodie Smile

c5alan
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Mail Order Car Parts i could scream!!!!!!   Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:17 pm

You should price up the dealership they where actually quite reasonable for parts then again it could of helped being an mb club member and being in at least once a month that got a bit of a discount. I know discs and pads where the about the same as ecp and you got the right parts

2003 Citroen C5 HDI Exclusive only 218,000 miles on her so just about run in now family owned from new SOLD
1997 fourtrak SOLD thanks goodness complete death trap
2002 Renault Megane Scenic 1.9 DCI 112,000 miles soon to be on biodiesel
Back to top Go down
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Mail Order Car Parts i could scream!!!!!!   Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:44 pm

I am in the MB Club Alan Thumb

Only thing is our local Stealership is probably the most useless,rude and unhelpful MB dealership there is!

I could go to MB Oxford direct were about 40 miles from there so its an 80 mile round journey.

I think what put me off was Ive looked up some parts at MB and they are horrendous Shocked

But I have got to go there soon as I need a spare key and a boot lock seal

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mail Order Car Parts i could scream!!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

Mail Order Car Parts i could scream!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1