View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
c5alan
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: I WAS INDICATING   Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Since when was it a case of 'I was indicating and you nearly hit me' when some Ooops decides to change lane and you dont move out of there way?

I am getting very tired of this always at the same section of road at the same time of day rush hour which I have to use for work a couple of time during rush hour. 2 lanes come to a set of light and both spit for turning lanes about a couple hundred yards up the road it does this again, as the left lane is quite busy with people turning left at both sets of lights people think it is ok to drive up the almost empty right lane and push in. I am sorry I wont let you in so you push in and shout and blast your horn at me because you were indicating and I wont move out of your way.

Am I totally wrong in thinking that indicators are to show your intention to change direction or lane when it is clear not to say I am coming so you better get out of my way before you hit me

2003 Citroen C5 HDI Exclusive only 218,000 miles on her so just about run in now family owned from new SOLD
1997 fourtrak SOLD thanks goodness complete death trap
2002 Renault Megane Scenic 1.9 DCI 112,000 miles soon to be on biodiesel
Back to top Go down
skodaking
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-01-30

PostSubject: Re: I WAS INDICATING   Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:49 pm

You are correct. Indicators are only to show intent, it's still the drivers responsibility to ensure it's safe to do so.

Actually, changing lanes with or without a signal is exactly the same thing, the rights and responsibilities don't change.

I'm a driving instructor by the way Smile
Back to top Go down
Ecosseman
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-02-28

PostSubject: Re: I WAS INDICATING   Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:57 pm

I see the same as you daily, indicating after they start moving into the other lane and it's their right to take any space (or non space) they want.

And if you don't let them in.... well I won't swear on here but you can imagine their reaction.

Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 116

PostSubject: Re: I WAS INDICATING   Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 pm

now what would the insurance companies opinion on this if i just dont move out of these numptys way and let them hit me and claim not that i would of course as i cant be with out my car for work. But would it def be seen as their fault if one day my reactions aren't as quick as they have been? Just thinking its a numbers game eventually my luck is going to run out :Cr:

2003 Citroen C5 HDI Exclusive only 218,000 miles on her so just about run in now family owned from new SOLD
1997 fourtrak SOLD thanks goodness complete death trap
2002 Renault Megane Scenic 1.9 DCI 112,000 miles soon to be on biodiesel
Back to top Go down
RustyOldBanger
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: I WAS INDICATING   Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 pm

Just remember that karma is king and what goes around comes around.

Just think that one day that bellend who carves you up and makes you brake hard or swerve will get his (or hers) come-uppance one day by doing it to the wrong person and will end up paying for the consequences of their selfish actions.

Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-09-25

PostSubject: Re: I WAS INDICATING   Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:28 pm

c5alan wrote:
now what would the insurance companies opinion on this if i just dont move out of these numptys way...

His fault. Of course the idiot switching on his indicators and changing lanes immediately will probably describe what happened slightly differently, and it might be cheaper for them to pay him a proportion of what he's claiming instead of fighting it.

One of those cameras is probably a good investment, especially now they're only twenty quid or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I WAS INDICATING   

Back to top Go down

I WAS INDICATING

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1