trailer brakes need help reinstalling them

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
c5alan
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: trailer brakes need help reinstalling them    Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:59 pm

I bought a trailer a while back that needed a little bit of work I was told it just needed a new wheel on the jockey wheel and a bit of paint and it had the brakes removed as they weren't working. so stuck in the lock up due to the cold weather now it is warming up I need to get it sorted and shot of my other small trailer before the gardening season takes off.

Jockey wheel turns out to be the whole thing not a big prob. Paint I will sort one day its going to be used to for a gardening business so looking pretty is not a big issue. I want to sort the brakes out but not got a clue where to start, what should I be looking at or really understand how they work so any help would be great. What I do understand is that there is basically drum brakes in the wheels when the trailer pushes against the car this activates the brakes but don't really understand the bit in between or what is missing apart from the handbrake handle and cables???

2003 Citroen C5 HDI Exclusive only 218,000 miles on her so just about run in now family owned from new SOLD
1997 fourtrak SOLD thanks goodness complete death trap
2002 Renault Megane Scenic 1.9 DCI 112,000 miles soon to be on biodiesel
Back to top Go down

trailer brakes need help reinstalling them

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1