View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: A Free Car. The Ultimate in Recycling.   Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:19 pm

Going to have a proper butchers at the weekend but it stops, starts and goes. Just needs recommissioning as the current owner had too many projects going to give it the attention it deserved.

It's a 1979 1750HL with twin-carbs and has been converted to run on unleaded and looks pretty good in Tara green with black half PVC seats.

Not bad, considering it's FREE! I like it already!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And remember, it has more interior space and smaller exterior dimensions than a Ford Focus. Surely the Austin Maxi is the hatchback by which all others should be judged? Progress eh? Who needs it.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
D7
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: A Free Car. The Ultimate in Recycling.   Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:59 pm

Absolutly cracking.

Wouldn't mind an old car to run about in tbh - everything can be fixed the conventional way as well, not like these new cars Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
joshwa
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: A Free Car. The Ultimate in Recycling.   Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:27 pm

That is very nice indeed Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshwaller.co.uk
Robinbucks
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: A Free Car. The Ultimate in Recycling.   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:28 pm

Lucky find. Back in the early 80s I thought quite hard about buying a Maxi. I never did, to my regret.

Rob
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Another Free Car   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:28 pm

Lads, there's another free car in circulation please see the new message plus there are pics on my site....all the best james [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: A Free Car. The Ultimate in Recycling.   Thu May 01, 2008 9:32 pm

Hi Guys, you can read about what's happening with the Maxi and how it's coming along here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kev.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Nice Maxi Kev   Thu May 01, 2008 9:54 pm

THat's it really you don't see enough of them around these days...love that exhaust which looks like the one on Mini, but much neater....
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: A Free Car. The Ultimate in Recycling.   Thu May 01, 2008 10:05 pm

Oh, the grief I had with that exhaust. But it passed the MoT!

Kev.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Exhaust   Thu May 01, 2008 10:15 pm

I'm on a warning with mine, I've been told that it won't pass this year unless I find a manifold that doesn't actually exist in the known universe...
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: A Free Car. The Ultimate in Recycling.   Fri May 02, 2008 9:52 pm

Take it soemwhere else for its MoT. My father in laws 2001 Megane passes every year even though the ABS light is on, 300 to put right!. Brakes work perfectly well, though. It's not what you know...

Kev.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Manifold destiny   Fri May 02, 2008 10:25 pm

As always Kev you have a point though my MOT garage are close personals these days and proper mechanics rather than fitters, it's my fault for fitting an A plus A series where the original which is on a trolley in garage dripping oil ought to be....as ever I must do something about that....J
Back to top Go down
Robinbucks
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: A Free Car. The Ultimate in Recycling.   Mon May 05, 2008 10:29 am

Rovamota wrote:
Hi Guys, you can read about what's happening with the Maxi and how it's coming along here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kev.

Great work and a nice report. You inspired me to do an ebay search for classic Austins!

Rob
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: A Free Car. The Ultimate in Recycling.   Wed May 07, 2008 8:55 pm

I never thought my work would be inspirational! That's great, and there's a nice pewter grey metallic Maxi on ebay at the moment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These old cars create a lot more attention than any new car, even a new 32k Audi A4 Cabrio was overlooked for my old Maxi at Tesco's at the weekend! You'd be surprised at how well a Maxi drives compared to modern cars.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Free Car. The Ultimate in Recycling.   

Back to top Go down

A Free Car. The Ultimate in Recycling.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1