AuthorMessage
macp
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: The search for banger    Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:32 am

Stardate 17/02/13

Warp factor 6 Mr Sulu to go look at a Honda Accord Executive 2.0 in North Manchester for 750 - conclusion I didnt like it , does not compute Rolling Eyes what I would give for a 2nd opinion from a mate

On the way home I stopped off in stockport to look at a Micra 1.3 but it wasnt there as it was awaiting an MOT DOH!

I then carried on to Mobberley nr Knutsford a place in the middle of nowhere with a huge low roof shed full of Ferrari`s, Astons & jags. They had a Nissan Primera which looked nice in the ad but in reality was way overpriced in my opinion.

So half a tank of diesel later I arrive home and swmbo not chuffed im empty handed. In conclusion I am a fussy git perhaps too fussy for bangernomics Headbang

So whats next well I just spotted a rare Polo 16v with low miles for 750. The dealer tells me its come from an old boy who has stopped driving. It has a fresh MOT with almost new tyres all round but the family removed the stereo ??

Its local so I think I will go having always liked VAG but I am concerned I will come away empty again. I think its the nerves kicking in that I will buy a pup or just pure indecision ?
Back to top Go down
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The search for banger    Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Id say go and have a look VAG will take quite some abuse so if its lived a sheltered life I reckon there's a good chance it'll be a good little motor :Wky:

Stereos don't cost much now especially if your not bothered by DAB,Analogue ones are soo cheap seems little point in buying used :W:

Jodie Smile

macp
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: The search for banger    Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks joloke its only 14mls away so im going to have a look. In actual fact I just thought we have had a Mk2 breadvan, Mk2 GT, Mk3 GLX and a Mk4 TDi Sport Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: The search for banger    Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:42 pm

I know its not a banger but the last decade or so I have had quite a few fleet cars and by far the best was a VW Golf MkV Thumb

When they get to banger money I think they will sell like hotcakes :Wky:

Mind you the Mk4 is similar in build quality but the mk6 they cheapened a little :W:

I think if I could have any other "Banger" it would be a mk2 Golf :Co:

It seems though they are starting to become sought after and the new budget banger Golf is the mk3.

Good luck with the Polo and do let us know how you get on with it Thumb

Jodie Smile

macp
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: The search for banger    Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi Jodie

Its not perfect but it drives fine so I bought it Smile

Bangernomics really helped me understand what I was getting into and to put things in perspective. I got it for 650 with 58,000mls with 4 virtually new tyres a 12mth ticket and a tidy interior. There is a little bit of corrosion but nothing serious just needs a little tidying but overall looks fine. I was quite surprised by the performance and torque for such a small & revvy motor. Anyway I will post some pics in the appropriate place.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The search for banger    

Back to top Go down

The search for banger

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1