Share | .

Spanner Storage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Spanner Storage   Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 am

People with more organised tool boxes than me (almost everyone) and certainly people with the unimaginable luxury of a garage/workshop won't find this useful, but I do, and its possible someone else might.

I keep all my open-ended spanners all connected together on a long piece of electrical wire. The spanners have a cable tie around the shaft which is loose enough to slide along the wire, but won't pass over the ends of the spanner. For routine jobs I leave the spanner I'm using on the wire, but I can take it off for awkward jobs.

My sockets are threaded on a wire too. The wire has a bulldog clip in the middle which can temporarily secure loose ends when selecting and removing a socket, but for storage/transport I tie the ends together with a sheet bend, and I can then sling the "necklace" over my shoulder.

For a job requiring ready access to a number of sockets, I keep them temporarily on an IKEA magnetic knife rack.

In the UK I used one of those made-for-the job spring clip strips, but I couldn't initially find one here, and when I did, didn't like it so much.

Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Storage   Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:29 pm

Great tips Thumb

I keep my sockets and ratchets in an Asda bag currently as a bottle of Duckhams fell off the shelf in the shed and filled my tool box :Cry2:

I was degreasing them for weeks

but at least they didn't rust lm

Like the Ikea knife rack idea :Wky:

Jodie Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I may be a Girl but I'm a Petrolhead at Heart  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Storage   Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:14 pm

that is a good idea, i have a tool wall in my shed, but everytime i go in there tools are missing as someone has borrowed them and cant be arsed to put them back normally end up in the kitchen drawer lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spanner Storage   

Back to top Go down

Spanner Storage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bangernomics :: Tips 'n' Tricks-