View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
c5alan
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Well the C5 is now officially up for sale on gumtree and I have agreed to buy this on Monday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Diahatsu fourtrack 2.8td mot till 7th october 2013 taxed till end of november 2 rear shockers and springs within the last 6 month service history to 68020 miles 1st registered 1/8/97 central locking electric windows 4 wheel drive everything works as it should. 72k on the clock

It comes with 7 seats and everything works bar the rear window wiper and best of all it will run on pure veg oil makro here I come to stock up.

Will get more pics up on Monday after I get her home and give her a damn good clean both inside and out

2003 Citroen C5 HDI Exclusive only 218,000 miles on her so just about run in now family owned from new SOLD
1997 fourtrak SOLD thanks goodness complete death trap
2002 Renault Megane Scenic 1.9 DCI 112,000 miles soon to be on biodiesel

Last edited by c5alan on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
macp
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 pm

Dont know how I missed this post buddy. It looks proper chunky & purposeful I like it Smile

The lofty driving position will be excellent too.
Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Picked it up today been driving around all afternoon so much fun and the best bit 3 hours after picking this up the c5 sold and taken away sweet. It needs some body work as it dose have a bit of rust but over the coming weeks I will be grinding that out and repainting. Need to fab up a couple of brackets to hold reverse light and fog light as they have rusted and currently held in place with cable ties. Pics will come just having too much fun driving it at the min and need to find somewhere that will let me take her off road and get her really dirty lol

2003 Citroen C5 HDI Exclusive only 218,000 miles on her so just about run in now family owned from new SOLD
Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:32 pm

well I had a fun morning got up car frozen lovely but oh yeah dont forget the rev adjuster crack that up to get the heat going sweet scarp the windows mmm heat lol. Jumped in nuts I have a dead window element not a bother will look into that when I am doing the rear window motor. Head off to get my tools to start work get up to the lock up turn to reverse up the door and bang. First though I had gone into a pot hole then realised wait there aint any here so jumped out, back end looks a bit off wandered round the back and had a loo underneath and found this

In the body shop getting looked at and an idea of anything else that needs doing not sure the mot 4 months ago is any good I feel it was a dodgy one :Ang:

Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm

600 to fix and most likely has a dodgy mot to boot but being over the 3 months since the test (4 months next week) vosa dont care so I ma stuffed with a pile of scrap oh the joys

Back to top Go down
stereosound
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:26 pm

c5alan wrote:
600 to fix and most likely has a dodgy mot to boot but being over the 3 months since the test (4 months next week) vosa dont care so I ma stuffed with a pile of scrap oh the joys

Really gutted for you :Cry2:

Are there any members in the area handy with the spanners,welder etc can help Alan out here?

Back to top Go down
macp
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Sorry to read this I guess you win some you lose some with bangers. Hope you get it sorted.
Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 pm

That's garage price trying to get some used parts to fix it myself but its the dodgy mot that pissed me off the most. Oh well fix it and make it driveable then to a pre mot centre to see what else she should have had done and get it fixed

In the end you win some you loose some life goes on

Back to top Go down
macp
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 pm

Know what you mean about dodgy MOT`s I bought a car that had just been MOT`d. It was in for a service and the garage were amazed it had passed as most of the wishbone was gouged out having hit something :Ang:
Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:59 pm

well 2 new well second hand trailing arms have been sourced and paid for this morning 55 posted so cant complain to much about that. Old broken one half removed well spring out and shocker disconnected need to get the grinder in there to remove the old bolts at either end. Also found some chassis rust I hadn't seen damn that will def need welding.

Jobs to do at the min:
- passenger trailing arm to get her mobile
- get her in for a pre-mot check see what work I dont know about that needs done then work on the below list
- drivers trailing arm sooner or latter not looking good
- reverse and fog light both need new brackets knocked up and fitted rocking the cable tie look is ok for a while
- rusted rear foot wells need work found an old road sign out the back of the close which may be cut and riveted in place
- source and fit an ashtray I dont like the hole in the dash
- rust spots on the body work wings, door, boot floor, rear gutter - grind back treat and paint
- fix the broken rear window element strip
- fix the rear window wiper
- go through the pile of spares I got with her and see what is of any use and what is for sale
- get her washed and inside cleaned
Try and enjoy her before she falls apart

Alot of this work I knew about and I had planned to do some of it this week but everything is on hold until she is properly checked out

Back to top Go down
Father Tiresias
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:46 pm

These Diahatsu's have excellent mechanics but do rot quite fiercely. I'd give the chassis a very thorough poke with a screwdriver, you may find some other bits that need doing at the same time.
Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:26 pm

yeah she is a bit crusty but should still be fun off road over the summer if i can get her safe to use on road

I had hoped to cut one end off the bolts and knock through with a hammer no such luck so had to cut the bolts inside the mount and it dropped out. It is worse than it looked when it was fitted I hadn't been able to see how much of a bodge it was oh well ready for a new one to go on tomorrow as soon as it arrives hopefully.

Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:55 pm

arms arrived late yesterday at 5.30 so no chance of getting them fitted as it was getting a tad dark Sad so first thinkg this morning on the passenger side went and she had fours wheels again whoop whoop. I have been cruising around enjoying my new car finally lol.

Went to Makro and bought 20ltrs of veg oil on my way to drop off my tools. I then set my cunning plan into action at the lock up - pulled out my submersible pump I had bought to aid filling the tank with bio on the c5 from container but hadn't used yet. Will need to fit a cigarette lighter socket in the boot for the pump and the mini for the summer. Today I had to run the pump off an old battery as it still had the battery clamps on it not the lighter plug, it was taking ages so only did half the can and rest got poured in dono if this was due to pump or battery will need to check. The idea behind this set up is I can buy the big tubs of veg and fill my tank without having to lift them out of the boot just drop in the pump into the container and pipe into the filler and forget about it. Think I will look into a second battery for this sort of equipment but where to fit it???

While she was filling it gave me a chance to go through the pile of spares I got with her I think there is some good stuff there including:
full set of calipers and used brakes
air box
lots of lights front and rear
windscreen wiper motor
alternator
starter motor
couple of hub caps
couple of drive shafts
lots of relays and under bonnet bits
gear knobs
Some will end up on ebay some will go with her when she sells some will hopefully come in handy but only time will tell

Tonight should be fun I get to go to my evening job delivering for Pizzahut in the Fourtrak.

Will get some more pics up int he next few days I need to get her washed and cleaned out first

Back to top Go down
rhubarb
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:31 pm

c5alan wrote:

600 to fix what?

Has the shock top mount rotted out then?
Back to top Go down
http://carmechanics.proboards.com
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:00 am

c5alan wrote:

rhubarb wrote:
600 to fix what?

It was 600 to supply and fit 2 new trailing arms they are 250 each. I got a pair of used ones in good nick for 55 inc delivery one now fitted and working fine other to go on in the next week or 2. The trailing arm was welded up badly and the bush mounting at one end pulled out

Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:05 am

couple of pics of the trailing arm top shows the damage, the bottom shows the interesting welding dono how I missed it

Back to top Go down
rhubarb
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 am

c5alan wrote:
rhubarb wrote:
600 to fix what?

It was 600 to supply and fit 2 new trailing arms they are 250 each. I got a pair of used ones in good nick for 55 inc delivery one now fitted and working fine other to go on in the next week or 2. The trailing arm was welded up badly and the bush mounting at one end pulled out

Blimey, that is shocking(excuse the pun)...Stevie Wonder Mot's I reckon!
Back to top Go down
stereosound
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:50 am

Glad your getting it sorted out Alan Thumb

I know that sinking feeling sometimes when you buy something you think is good and its been bodged :Ang:

But on the bright side your buying used bits and saving in the spirit of Bangernomics and you will have the satisfaction of knowing its been done properly and that the next MOT is passed because the Vehicle is safe Thumb

Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:09 pm

I have since found out that these arms are a common fail point on the fourtrak so might think about another set as a back up. These ones fitted could do with a set of bushes some time in the future with a repaint will be as good as new and a lot less than 250 each bangernomics or common sense less than 100 for 2 used arms + new upgraded bushes and bolts with a bit of time painting or 500 for 2 new ones with standard bushes???

Loved driving her last night at work got some odd looks from customers seeing a fourtrak with a pizzahut sign on the roof but the poor turning circle did give a few probs with it not going where I had expected but that is more due to me not knowing the car as well as I thought.

She started first time this morning 2 blasts on the glow plugs and the roughly 50:50 veg-dino in the tank wasn't a prob but the aroma of chips does make you hungry so the inside smells of pizza the outside of chips I need to get a better air freshener lol

Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:21 pm

The fourtrak saga continues was at work tonight and the brake pedal wasn't right so on the way back from a delivery decide pop in to halfords have a look and if easy fix get it sorted in the car park well brake fluid was low thought maybe just low top up and look at it tomorrow when I have more time well the brake fluid was pissing out the back drivers pipe so into the garage to get sorted dont have the time or energy as I have a dose of man flu coming on just what I need Sad

This was after I bought 6x 20ltr tubs of veg oil

This is me filling up, battery is an old one and the pump will either be run off the fourtrak battery via a lighter socket in the boot or it will run off this battery and it will be charged via solar trickle charge I will mount to the roof of the lock up. Both have there good and bad points I like the idea of being able to fill up on the go via the boot socket but the having a semi permanent filling set up is good too.

I am half tempted to get a bigger pump as currently running a small whale submersible water pump which is slow but a decent sized pump is very expensive but that is way down my list just so I dont have to lift the 20ltr jugs

Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Fourtrak is going up for sale parts only!!!

Back end is held on by rust and a prayer had it up on the ramp rear anti roll bar not connected, axle only held on at one side, and a chunk of the chassis that runs between each side only held in place due to being connected to the body both sides gone. They where all tack welded on and covered in underseal so after driving they have all come apart this lead to a snapped brake line. Great fun if you drive the whole rear axle moves back and froth about an inch or too and you cant stop unless you stomp on the pedal. Should def not been moted.

Anyway all I can do is scrap her or sell her as a whole parts car good if you have a landy and want a new engine easy swap so I hear.

New car will be shown in a new thread after I pick her up not a banger at 1400 but from a dealer and full mot 1 mont tax and much better nick ha the rusted pedal bike I have not moved in a couple of years is safer to use than the trak.

Back to top Go down
rhubarb
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:53 pm

Blimey mate, what a deathtap! I hope you're not going to lose out on it?

Export ad on ebay perhaps? Smile
Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:34 pm

def gona loose a bit of money on her look at this

Not a nice sight and nought I can do but move on and try and get some money back from this death trak got some spares and the rig itself and the tax might be able to get half my money back if I am lucky at least it would be something

Back to top Go down
Father Tiresias
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Yeesh, that's nasty!!

Would make a good engine donor for someone with a V8 Range Rover Classic. Far better than Land Rovers own TDi.
Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:06 pm

yeah I would love to pull the engine out and keep it for a landrover project just dont have the space and need the cash. If I had the space to break her engine 3-400, wheels 150-200, various other bits and bobs lights motors another 2-300, body as scrap 200, would pay for itself but I dont have the space or the time. So selling her for the engine and the body is a bonus really. If you are doing an engine swap yourself you could break the rest and at least break even if not be in profit.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs   

Back to top Go down

My Diahatsu Fourtrak and the ups and downs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next