Currently looking at nissan primera 2.0,or mazda 626

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
John96
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Currently looking at nissan primera 2.0,or mazda 626   Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:55 am

Just found the site Very Happy
Currently looking at nissan primera 2.0,or mazda 626,as my next cheap motor.Is this the size of car that seems to be the most reliable,(and cheap!!),or should I be looking at the astra/focus size,for (percieved maybe) running costs?
I am open to other suggestions as well so please contribute lol!
Back to top Go down
jim
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Currently looking at nissan primera 2.0,or mazda 626   Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:57 pm

I think the 626 might be costly in terms of parts and all that. You need to go for the popular cars such as fords to get the cheapest running costs. For example you are more likely to find parts in a scrap yard for those cars. Personally i like the primera cos it is bomb proof. The almera is cheap and pretty good too. Not quite as cheap as the ultra popular fords and vauxhalls but i personally prefer japanese reliability. Sorry if this is a bit rambly, its been a long day Smile
Back to top Go down
John96
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: Currently looking at nissan primera 2.0,or mazda 626   Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Given that they are both jap anyway,would the parts not cost around the same?
I had a look on auto trader and there was 360 primeras for sale(up to 2 grand) against 115 626's ,as a side note,there was 1200 mondeos for the same amount Shocked
Im not too sure id want a mondeo though,as the (percieved ?) reliability of the jap cars is what im after
Back to top Go down
jim
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Currently looking at nissan primera 2.0,or mazda 626   Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:05 am

i think because of the fact that the 626 is a bit rarer, so the basic rules of supply and demand mean that prices would be higher; also, as i said before, this also means the parts are harder to get at the scrapyard. Why don't you phone up a parts supplier or a generic garage and ask them. You might find that servicing costs are higher for a similiar reason; if you knew how to service your own car that would save you this possible extra expense.
Back to top Go down
D7
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Currently looking at nissan primera 2.0,or mazda 626   Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:22 pm

I've had 2 Mondeos, both 1.8 Turbo Diesels, one was a 1995 M reg and the other a 1997 R reg. I would highly recommend them. The Diesel engine is a bit sluggish but overall the build quality of the cars is good and the interior is an extremely nice place to be. The 1.8 and 2.0 Zetec petrol engines are cracking units also.

Out of the choice specified, however, the Primera would be my choice over the 626.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: 626s   Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:03 pm

I really like the Japanese option, the 626s are fantastically reliable as are the primeras....J
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
John96
Infant
Infant

PostSubject: Re: Currently looking at nissan primera 2.0,or mazda 626   Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Is the best engine in both the 2.0?
I dont think the diesel is worth the price though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Currently looking at nissan primera 2.0,or mazda 626   

Back to top Go down

Currently looking at nissan primera 2.0,or mazda 626

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1