View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Pendragon Needs Bangers!   Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:13 pm

A report in the paper today says that Britain's biggest motor dealer, Pendragon, is to concentrate on selling older, cheaper cars this year. It says that manufacturers have forced new product onto the market and the nearly new used car market has suffered.

I guess it makes sense. If dealers concentrate on selling new or nearly new stock they are limiting their customer base to those with a higher budget. Not everyone wants to spend 8k (100 in our case!) upwards on a car, new or used .

Mind you, I am staggered that there's a waiting list for the new Jaguar XF; the cheapest model is some 32k! confused Where do they get their customers from? I can think of at least half a dozen cars I could buy for 32k, and they'd hold their value.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Money!   Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:51 pm

I agree, the XF is not a cheap car and it looks like a Lexus for goodness I sake. 32K for a car is a difficult concept for me, unless I kept the car forever and i have been to the Bristol showroom recently and actually felt that a car for life would be a good thing. But then I watch those house programmes and people have 750K to spend on a house and I wonder where they got that from. Blimey. I say wait a few years for an XF to get down to our level, it won't take long, I promise.
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon Needs Bangers!   Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:46 pm

Lexus? I think it looks a lot like a Mondeo from the side and rear. Trouble is, magazines like Autocar hype these cars up so much that inevitably if I ever get to trty one I'll probably be disappointed. Have to say, the X-type Jaguar isn't ageing well at all, is it? Saw one in white on a dealer forecourt yesterday; ooh, not nice. Whereas, the XJ has always looked classy and I'd certainly choose a mid late 90s example over an X-Type.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: X-Type   Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:44 pm

I agree the X-Type is dire, my cousin bought one and regrets it every day. Not very reliable and as you say Kev it looks pretty grim now. I do love the XJs and would have no hesitation and may have too before they ban them or petrol is 10 a litre...
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pendragon Needs Bangers!   

Back to top Go down

Pendragon Needs Bangers!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1