View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrianDamaged
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: First-time poster, long-time skinflint.   Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Some of you will know me from Retro-Rides, but for everyone else...

Worcestershire born/bred, now in my 49th year. Work involves driving a van for a firm in Worcester. Passed my driving test 30 years ago, but when all my peers were getting Minis/Metros bought by relatives 'on the scheme' from Longbridge, I went out and spent 110 of hard-earned cash on a 1967 Triumph 2000 with a year's MOT and a genuine 55,000m on the clock. Insurance in those days wasn't a worry, I paid 40 for my first year's TPF&T. I'd love to say that I lavished it with loving care, but I'd be lying. The fact that I went through three engines and two gearboxes within a year bears testimony to the fact that I ragged the living schnizzle out of it.

Anyway, the die was cast at that point. The most I've ever paid for a car since then was the 1400 I parted with in 1990 for a MGBGT. I've probably owned 55-60 cars in the thirty years I've been driving. Some have been utter lemons, others absolute gems. I'll try and compile a potted history over the next couple of days.

When I'm not a**ing about with cars, I play bass guitar, watch non-League football and take lots of photographs, which invariably end up on the dreaded Facebook along with many obscure music videos unearthed on YouTube and the inevitable 'grumpy old man' rantings that accompany the onset of advanced middle-age.

afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/brain.damaged.79
TechSupport
Super user
Super user

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2013-01-25

PostSubject: Re: First-time poster, long-time skinflint.   Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Welcome " BrianDamaged " Please feel free to look around and ask questions :Co:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
macp
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: First-time poster, long-time skinflint.   Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Welcome looking forward to seeing your old cars. I took up bass for a while to save space at home but found im a drummer like my dad was. My brother play bass and has a lovely collection including an ernie ball (I think) mark king replica with the lights up the fret.
Back to top Go down
stereosound
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: First-time poster, long-time skinflint.   Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Welcome to the Forum Welcome

I am surrounded by Bass Paraphernalia but don't play myself my partner does and spends most of her time on Basschat Forum.

Funnily enough i just bought a Bass a few minutes ago on eBay bidding on her behalf :Wky:

Anyway I am wandering off topic Rolling Eyes

Welcome Brian I have seen you around on RR hope you enjoy it here and please feel free to post your cars in

Well "Your Cars" lm

Back to top Go down
MilfordHaven
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: First-time poster, long-time skinflint.   Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Welcome just read all about your cars and look forward to more from you. Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First-time poster, long-time skinflint.   

Back to top Go down

First-time poster, long-time skinflint.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1