View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stereosound
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Used Engine oil or ATF as fuel????   Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:27 am

Just been watching a few you tube videos showing good old fashioned non turbo non computerized Derv engines being run on used Engine oil and even ATF affraid

Apparently its perfectly OK,I mean you wouldn't put 50 liters in your tank but 30 liters of real Derv and 5 of ATF or engine oil is fine

Apparently Rolling Eyes

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
FredTransit
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Used Engine oil or ATF as fuel????   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:21 am

my only thought is make sure you run it through before the MOT/emissions test. Heard about used oil but not too sure about ATF......
Back to top Go down
http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
c5alan
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Used Engine oil or ATF as fuel????   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:52 am

wasn't the original diesel engine designed to run on peanut oil? i have heard most of the original style diesel engines can run on most things that burn home heating oil kerosene you name it but be careful if you get your tank dipped they will prob lift your car and crush it.
Back to top Go down
stereosound
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Used Engine oil or ATF as fuel????   Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:06 pm

c5alan wrote:
wasn't the original diesel engine designed to run on peanut oil? i have heard most of the original style diesel engines can run on most things that burn home heating oil kerosene you name it but be careful if you get your tank dipped they will prob lift your car and crush it.

I know they have the power to do this and throw the book at you if your running Red Diesel but I wouldn't touch the stuff as its too risky Suspect

but ATF?

besides we are talking knackered ATF so its no longer going to be red :Cun:

As for the engine oil well my thoughts are your only talking about twice a year during oil changes maybe once a year + with ATF Changes I am not thinking of putting in 5 liters at a time probably a liter of oil a liter of ATF until its all gone

I don't really like the idea of running it solely on ATF or Engine Oil and WVO is legal to run your diesel off without paying duty now I think with my mpg id have to do over 12k a year to go over the veg oil limit and that's running strait oil alone but I am thinking of mixing mainly derv bit of veg small liter quantities of EO and ATF. so probably nearer to 25k :Wky:

As for Engine oil well i would wait till just after an MOT and it shouldn't smoke to much within the volume of derv :Wky:

Back to top Go down
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Used Engine oil or ATF as fuel????   Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Come to think of it isnt the reason red diesel is a no no because its duty exempt?

Veg oil is allowed and attracts no duty as long as your not producing or using more than 2.500 litres a year and thats 100% veg :Wky:

Veg oil has already attracted some sort of duty anyway by yourself buying it or the previous user likewise so has engine oil and automatic transmission fluid so in theory duty has been payed maybe not as a fuel but VAT has been payed on the waste products you are using as fuel Rolling Eyes

I am pretty sure when they dip your tank the test they do only reacts with dye in duty exempt fuel and you could explain away why a small trace of engine oil or ATF got into 90% legal diesel I guess,well at least the engine oil Laughing

FredTransit
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Used Engine oil or ATF as fuel????   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:07 pm

my answer to a small amount of something other than veg would be I used a dirty jerry can after running out of fuel Wink. NEVER NEVER use cherry though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
stereosound
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Used Engine oil or ATF as fuel????   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:41 pm

FredTransit wrote:
my answer to a small amount of something other than veg would be I used a dirty jerry can after running out of fuel Wink. NEVER NEVER use cherry though.

Nice Idea Fred,I am sure nobody would use it here it really isnt worth the risk Bye

Just been reading up apparently anything put in you tank that is a lubricating oil is duty exempt,I know its stretching things a little but both Engine Oil and ATF are lubricants therefore using them as a fuel is a bit of a grey area but should be free from duty :Wky:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Used Engine oil or ATF as fuel????   

Back to top Go down

Used Engine oil or ATF as fuel????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1