View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nofrills
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-01-30

PostSubject: a couple of my sub 1000 cars   Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:10 am

Well ihave not spent over 1500 on my own cars since 2005, but i am a fiat and alfa nut lol, any way my last car was a fiat marea 2.0 20v HLX weekend, it was the ranger topper with electric sunroof, and mettallic paint, i paid a healthy 395 with almosta years mot and a months tax, changed the timing belt lowered it got give a set of leather seats put them in and paid 60 for a set of fiat coupe wheels which i used till the tyres were dead and sold them for 60, paid 200 for a new set of wheels and tyres which made it handle alot better, it did everything i asked of it and was aturn key car, i changed the rad for a good second hand one too sailed through the mot every year and then i needed something with 3 propa seat belts in the back and something cheaper to run 18mpg was not fun anyway here are some pics of when i got it and what it looked like when i sold it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

now i am a clean freak so it was cleaned within an inch of its life including mopped to bring the shine out

and i sold it and made a 250 profit after almost 3 years

anyway onto the new (to me) car, its a 53 plate fiat stilo multiwagon jtd dynamic, now its in near as mint condition, full heated cream leather,cruise control, skyroof sunroof (motor gone on blind just need to replace it only just gone) upgraded 17" wheels does 65mpg on a run in the summer 53mpg winter and costs me 135 a year to tax and 262 fully comp to insure :-), now it does have a couple of faults, the sunroof blind (which i will fix very soon) pre heat fault although starts fine all the time (still gonna change the glow plugs) needs a new alarm sounder which i will have to hand over to do that but at 80 i dont mind, all i have paid out for is 2 new tyres on the front and tracking, it flew through the mot with no advisories in november, also fitted a full set of genuine mudflaps and a jvc ipod cd player and i paid the grand sum of 995 for it with full history it was well underpriced to be fair but i did go to birmingham to get it from essex :-) anyway here are some pics

i will be changing the springs soon to lower it as it rides very high and painting the wheels black as they need a small refurb (i will do these as i have done them so many times in the past) , plus the exhuast is being changed to stainless steel as the old back box is rusting out to get a normal one fitted is 130 but just been quoted for a stainless one for 90 so i reckon another 350 on this and it will be absolutely mint and hopefully last me many years :-) as i can get my bike in the boot with only removing the wheels and no need to put the back seats down RESULT lol!

cheers

robin

Back to top Go down
macp
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: a couple of my sub 1000 cars   Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Superb Robin love both cars what mileage has the Stilo done out of interest ?
Back to top Go down
nofrills
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-01-30

PostSubject: Re: a couple of my sub 1000 cars   Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:36 am

macp wrote:
Superb Robin love both cars what mileage has the Stilo done out of interest ?

Thanks buddy, the stilo has now done 119,753, i am the 3rd owner and it has a full comprehensive service history, even when new tyres were bought, and new batteries, plus it has had the timing belt done, but i will be replacing that agin this year, but will do all the servicing myself as then i know its been done properly :-)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a couple of my sub 1000 cars   

Back to top Go down

a couple of my sub 1000 cars

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1