View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stereosound
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: New Laptop Recomendations   Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:16 am

My Laptop is really coming to the end of it's life and needs replacing,I would really love to replace it with similar but alas they have changed the design and I am not keen Crying or Very sad

I currently have a Toshiba Satellite and it has been a great Laptop but the mousepad is on it's last legs,most of the legends wearing off the keys and now the graphics flickering pale

The new versions though great value are wider and have the mouse pad off center and and extra wide keypad with number buttons (like on a full size keyboard)

I have played about a bit with one but just don't like them Rolling Eyes

Any Recommendations for a traditional Laptop that are good but not too pricey?

I really don't like the following

Acer,Asus,E Machines,Hp,PB I have had bad experiences with some of those makes and dont like the feel of the others

So yes this is a tall order

Help !!!

Back to top Go down
photoluka
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-11-21

PostSubject: Re: New Laptop Recomendations   Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:29 am

bangernomic laptop option for you
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cheap and new option
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
Father Tiresias
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-02-06

PostSubject: Re: New Laptop Recomendations   Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Admin wrote:

I really don't like the following

Acer,Asus,E Machines,Hp,PB I have had bad experiences with some of those makes and dont like the feel of the others

That pretty much rules out the number one best value machine out there - Acer. What are the bad experiences that you have had? The quality of Laptops has come on massively in the last few years. I am currently typing this on a fairly new Acer Aspire V3 and have to say it is light years away in quality from a five year old Aspire I've got kicking around. One bad example is not indicative of a poor manufacturer.
Back to top Go down
stereosound
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: New Laptop Recomendations   Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:15 pm

I just don't like the feel of them :Cry2:

Ive played about with a few and just didn't like the way they felt hard to explain but I guess its a personal thing Rolling Eyes

HP we have one here it went catastrophically wrong several times even the power supply caught fire and the main board was replaced under warranty but then developed a fault where when you typing the cursor has a fit and keep jumping line and types on it's own affraid

PB I had one hard drive packed in after 6 months replaced under warranty then all the legends just started falling off the keys Rolling Eyes

To be honest I love my tosh its just old and tired now :Cry2:

But as per usual they've changed them now and I am just not that keen on the new ones :Cry2:

Back to top Go down
Father Tiresias
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-02-06

PostSubject: Re: New Laptop Recomendations   Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:43 pm

Your best bet would be to go into PC World or Curries and have a play with whats on display. As a basic guide, don't consider a machine with a processor below an i3 or an i5, beware of shared graphics memory - it looks like a lot on paper but causes a machine to grind to a halt when doing anything graphics intensive such as gaming, look for 3GB minimum RAM and a hard drive of at least 320GB (more if you are planning on archiving a lot of videos).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Laptop Recomendations   

Back to top Go down

New Laptop Recomendations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1