HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | .

What is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics garage?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: What is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics garage?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Just thought I would ask the question and maybe get others to join in what is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics Garage?

I am happy to say i already have one of them :Wky:

The Mercedes W201

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But what others would I choose?

Well for an Everyday car it would have to be the VW Golf Mk2 Bow

And in that colour to boot as i love that colour Thumb

My third choice would have to be the BMW E30 my love for these is growing by the minute and who can blame anybody for loving these super tough sport saloons :Co:

You may see a theme here you gotta love German bangers Bow

So what would your perfect Three banger garage be and why?

Over to you

Jodie Very Happy

macp
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics garage?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Good thread but a really tough call and I am trying not to think too long about it or I will change my mind.

Well my first choice probably a Merc W124 just because they are still class although I love the 190 the W124 just pips it in my opinion.

2nd car would be an Audi coupe from the 90`s because for me they are still a chunky but gorgeous car with its high waistline.I have been so close to buying one of these and they take the miles so well.

3rd car would be a Saab 900 I so want one of these I just think they look fantastic and so cool. Built like a brick toilet and will go for ever.

Back to top Go down
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: What is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics garage?   Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:39 pm

You wont get any argument from me regarding the W124 i love them too Bow

Thing is im a short ass and i thought the w124 would be a tad too big for me and 124's in banger teritory that arnt past their best are hard to come by :Cr:

That said they do appear once every so often Fabulous Cars Bow

The Audi well anything VAG from that period is good :Wky:

Saab id have one but not my cup of tea but my partner has always wanted one and i wont deny there are truly great cars and can make a great Bangernomics car :Wky:

D7
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics garage?   Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:58 pm

Joloke I already have 2 out of the 3 from your garage Clap

I think for me it would be very similar:

Mercedes W201 190E - because I already own it and love it to bits.

BMW E30 - again, because its my daily.

The only missing piece? Well this is difficult, but a nice E34 5 series. I loved the 520i I had and would have another E34 in a flash, mainly because of childhood memories. Here is the 530i Auto my dad had when I was a kid, fond memories of this:

Back to top Go down
macp
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics garage?   Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Like the E34 5 series I used to have a black 525i sport which actually had some interesting history as it was owned by Peter Beardsley. I will dig up some pics.
Back to top Go down
ventorafred
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics garage?   Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:55 am

A Subaru Fozzer
A real life budget Tonka toy
for one, best all rounder going

For fun n stupid amounts of luxury

BMW 735i

Had this baby 2 years ago cost me 700 and had EVERYTHING
even had the nearside wing mirror drop when I went into reverse so kerbs could be seen
and the stereo had no max, I kept pressing the button on the wheel and it went and went and went
till my ears couldnt take it no more. And the kick down dear god!!

third one hmmmm,

thats a hard one,

the above two pretty much covers most stuff

BUT to be absolute silly I got or had a MONSTER TRUCK

paid 500 quid for her (dodgy rear diff which got done for 200 quid)

quick handspray in matt black and a couple of modest decals and BOOM !!!

I give you budget MONSTER

I wish I never sold this
one of many eh?? :Cr:
Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics garage?   Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:23 pm

I want my w201 i had to sell for an engagement ring back here she is up for sale again :'(

Series 3 lwb landrover safari version unfortunately getting one in banger territory is hard unless you want a box of bits I still miss my swb one

And just for a bit of fun on the weekends i have a soft spot for one of these and so does the missus which will be my excuse for buying one for her and I get to borrow it lol MX5 with the pop up headlights

Back to top Go down
stereosound
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-05-16

PostSubject: Re: What is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics garage?   Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:52 pm

c5alan wrote:
I want my w201 i had to sell for an engagement ring back here she is up for sale again :'(

It's Dorris Thumb

I have just realised who you are on the 190 Forum (its my age you know) Rolling Eyes

Friends

Back to top Go down
OldToot
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: What is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics garage?   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:27 am

Great to see the forum back. I think I'll go a non-German route - all these should be available for less than 1.5k each, although perhaps not as smart as in the pictures!

Fiat Scudo Crew Cab
Image from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reasons: I need to move things about every now and again, and this is the smallest van that has a crew cab (or the Peugeot or Citroen version) That means the whole family can sit in in and we can move furniture, or stick all out bikes in - or whatever. It's be nice to get one with windows and you could stick a mini kitchen in it (just water and stove) and it would be the perfect mobile wildlife hide. The JTD engines are tough and you can get 40mpg out of them.

Fiat Coupe
Image from here [url][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reasons: You need to have a fun car if you're having three - and look at it - still gorgeous. I thought about an Alfa GT-V, but these have a bigger boot and more room in the back seats, so we could use it as a family too.

Skoda Octavia Estate 4x4 1.8T
Image from here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Might have to wait until the end of the snow to get one of these for 1.5k, but it'd be a great everyday car - reasonable economy, quite powerful, anonymous, capable and a decent sized boot. Plus if you love it, you could get it LPG converted and run it for peanuts.

This would be my 'everyday' car, but really I'd like something with three front seats for that - but there is no Bangernomics option I'd want to drive everyday - the Multipla was too flimsy, the Honda FR-V is not Bangernomics priced yet, and I don't fancy a series Land Rover as a daily! If I relax the three-seats rule I'd prefer a SAAB 9-3X SPortwagon to the Skoda, but it will be a few years before the price is low enough, so this would do for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics garage?   

Back to top Go down

What is your perfect 3 car Bangernomics garage?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1