View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joshwa
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Buying at the Auctions?   Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:17 pm

I'm after a Honda Accord Estate Deisel - 04 - 05 reg for as cheap as possible with ideally less than 100k on the clock. These seem like the ideal buy as a cheap "new" ish car that's very family friendly (eg 3-point iso fix, loads of space etc)... plus they should be ex-fleet full service history motorway miles...

And I've seen some 54 reg 150k ones on autotrader for 5k, then same car with 88k for 6.5k ...

Has anyone seen them at the auctions? Are the auctions going to be cheaper still?

Is it worth using an auction "buyer" who will find the car you want for a fee ? (I've seen fees range from 150 - 330 ish, there are links on honestjohn to some of them...)

What do you think?

Thanks in advance...

PS - Anyone interested in a Passat Estate TDI? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshwaller.co.uk
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Auction   Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Rovamoto knows his stuff on auctions
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Buying at the Auctions?   Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:34 pm

Best thing to do is log on to the BCA (British Car Auctions) website and find out which auction site is nearest to you. For a fee of around 10 you can get three months worth of searches for the particular car you're after and it'll tell you which BCA auction sites the car will be auctioned and what day(s).

All you have to do then is turn up on the day with a wad of cash. The only downside to BCA is that their buyers fee is quite high, so make sure you account for that in you budget, and they also charge a fee if you pay by credit card (debit cards have no surcharge). BCA usually have the best stock available, which is why most main dealers source their stock from BCA.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Thanks again   Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:03 pm

Thanks Kev...J
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Buying at the Auctions?   Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:21 pm

Have to say, I haven't been to the auction at all this year. After the aggro with that Peugeot 206 and the VW Polo diesel with the shagged gearbox I've steered clear. My mate has a had a steady supply of cars for me and I get to drive them before taking them on and they're usually valeted.

I took on a 2003 Kia Rio just after Christmas, 35k and tidy, but people avoided it like was an Ethiopian prostitute; there was no interest whatsoever. It was a poverty model with no sunroof, no air con and no electric windows. Death on wheels. In fact I reckon that even at 1500 it'd struggle to find a buyer.

Kia has really got an uphill struggle to improve its image.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Kia   Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:19 pm

Rio I think is old school Kia, up my way in Norfolk it is Picantoland, they can't get enough of those, but I agree that Rio is down there with a Pride when it comes to desirability....the Ceeds seem good though...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying at the Auctions?   

Back to top Go down

Buying at the Auctions?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1