View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
macp
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Where to look   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 am

Im finding it rare to find anything that looks half decent within 6-700 quid range on Autotrader. Within the first or second page you are up to 1000 and most sellers are trade so your paying their profit margin. Now I have nothing against that except I cant afford it. The few private sellers seem to be asking high prices. So where are you guys looking ?
Back to top Go down
badshot
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Where to look   Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:01 am

have a look on ebay, gumtree or down your local auction buddy, there's a always a few about, where are you based?

macp
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Where to look   Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:53 am

badshot wrote:
have a look on ebay, gumtree or down your local auction buddy, there's a always a few about, where are you based?

Thanks matey

Im in Cheshire between Sandbach & Middlewich. Went and had a look at a few cars on a forecourt this morning all 995 or 1295. There were 1997 Astra`s and Rover 200/25`s. There was an 1988 tidy Polo Fox breadvan but they wanted a grand for it ???. You just know they were bought probably at auction with a profit margin of 300 to 500 quid. Again I have no problem with that but why should I. The North seems fairly barren when it comes to banger stock. Ive decided though that I fancy a Mondeo, Passat, Audi 80/A4 or Nissan Primera as those seem more unwanted and thus less money.
Back to top Go down
badshot
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Where to look   Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Old mondeo's are great cars and so are primeras, ive bought and sold a few the 2.0 l are quick but expensive to run, i had an a limited edition GT version built to commemorate the british touring car championship back in the nineties, a bit rare and went very well, paid around 800 for it and sold it for 12 or 1300 i think to a coal miner from Yorkshire!

macp
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Where to look   Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Thanks again buddy

I know somebody who had a Prim GT and yes I remember it being fast. I could do with at least 30mpg I had an A3 1.8T and surprisingly it averaged 30mpg. I also once had a 2.0 Ghia Mondeo saloon in Panther Black with 110k when I bought it and it drove so tight mind you it was ex lease owned by a bank manager. Brilliant car though.
Back to top Go down
FredTransit
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Where to look   Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Gumtree is good online but also look for a traditional scrappy, if there are any near you. My local always has a couple of sub grand bangers that were driven there to scrap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
badshot
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Where to look   Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Maybe try an old VTEC engined Honda, their great fun to drive and not too bad on the juice if you stay away from the vtec zone, i had a civic aerodeck, paid 550 for it blind, one of the best cars i ever owned, still wish ive never sold it! pics on here somewhere

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to look   

Back to top Go down

Where to look

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bangernomics :: Chat :: Banger chat-