citreon C5 and my challenge to kill her

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
c5alan
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: citreon C5 and my challenge to kill her    Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:52 pm

ok quick history on this car my dad bought it brand new back in 2003 drove it till 2011 and started to get worried about it and towing a caravan around europe so was gona trade it in against a year old c5 mk3 they were only giving him scrap money so happy chirstmas I got a bargain diesel for work he got a new car. It was only worth scrap money as it had done 196k miles even with a full dealer service so 13 months on she is at 217k miles and now runs on bio diesel most of the year. I have serviced her once due again when its warmer, fitted lots of tyres due to a tracking prob that turned out to be my driving style lol now adjusted out, replaced 2 doors after a fight with a lamp post and fitted a new fan relay and a set of anti roll bar bushes and a new battery due to the cold killing the last one and finally fitting a new drivers seat when this one had me sitting on the multichager. Currently has a fault due to driving through a large puddle and possibly sucking in water past the air filter (stupid french design inlet close to the ground and a sponge hose) that was 3k ago and she still runs so I keep driving her until she dies. What I mean by dies is I cant fix her myself I consider myslef a decent home mechanic but know somethings are beyond me. I would rather buy a tool than pay someone to do a job may cost more the first time but next time its free.

First real banger was as a student an 205 audi 80 i ran for 18 months till the engine packed in stripped for parts and sold for a profit. next was a 700 merc 190e still a student loved that car but it had lived near the sea so was riddled with tin worm sold and broke even still a student next was a 1200 merc 190e sold to pay for an engagement ring and pay for the C5 now graduated but cant get a job so became self employed.

I believe in the old idea of if you cant afford it you dont have it so car finance is just sooooo wrong to me plus all of my cars have been a much higher spec than I could of got from a new car on finance.

not such a quick intro there was it worth the read???
Back to top Go down
badshot
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: citreon C5 and my challenge to kill her    Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:02 pm

I love them old 2.0 HDI Engines some of the best diesels out there! I agree although I'm crap with a spanner I can do a little, and these days every penny counts! Plus I'd never get strapped up with finance unless I had a job earning $$$$$$, there's plenty of good old cheap cars with life left in them, shame there would have been even more if it weren't for the scrapage scheme.

c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: citreon C5 and my challenge to kill her    Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Don't even get me started on the disgrace that was the scapage scheme, scrap road legal cars with years of life left in them to buy a new car on the belief they are saving the planet when running an old mentallys actually better for the enviroment ok uses more fuel but less polution in building a new car and scrapping the old one

The way I look at it my old c5 is actually better for the enviroment than a stupid hybrid that will be lucky to make 50k so would take 5 cars to do what this one has done plus running bio which is enviromentally friendly (cheaper than dino juice)
Back to top Go down
ventorafred
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: citreon C5 and my challenge to kill her    Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:12 am

@c5alan

In total agreement Clap
Back to top Go down
EasternBloc
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Re: citreon C5 and my challenge to kill her    Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 am

I salute you Thumb

Back to top Go down
c5alan
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: citreon C5 and my challenge to kill her    Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:28 am

finally getting round to show of a pic of my old girl

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not bad for something that was headed for the scrap yard minor dent in the back door some scratches on the bumpers I will be sorting when the weather gets better now I have the right colour paint

2003 Citroen C5 HDI Exclusive only 218,000 miles on her so just about run in now family owned from new SOLD
1997 fourtrak SOLD thanks goodness complete death trap
2002 Renault Megane Scenic 1.9 DCI 112,000 miles soon to be on biodiesel
Back to top Go down
macp
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: citreon C5 and my challenge to kill her    Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Looks pretty tidy doesnt it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: citreon C5 and my challenge to kill her    

Back to top Go down

citreon C5 and my challenge to kill her

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1