Important Announcement regarding the future of the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Important Announcement regarding the future of the Forum   Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:14 am

Hi everybody

I though it was time to let you in on something that is going on behind the scenes so to speak regarding the future of the Bangernomics Forum.

A few days ago i approached James with a view to help out as James is a very busy man and has many commitments all competing for his very precious time Sad

So initially i wanted to help but was a little blown away when James threw down the gauntlet and asked if i would like to run the forum Shocked

At first i was so shocked i didn't really know what to say but i have agreed and as we speak a new look to the forum is being put together by myself and a very dear friend who is doing much of the design work bounce

I thought it would be better to announce this from my own login first so you know who i am Laughing though i do have access to the admin login already to implement changes to the format

The new forum will still be here and you will still log in using your existing details but the way it look will change and it will be spread into various sections like your cars,for sale,wanted,hints and tips sections,links etc etc Wink

please note though it will still be very easy to use in fact no different at all except for new colours and more flexibility with extra sections and more help and advice bounce

We all have to thank James for starting this forum and giving us like minded motoring spendthrifts somewhere to hang out but regrettably with his other commitments fighting for his precious time there are not enough hours available in the day No

James will still be on board but i will be on the bridge steering to give James opportunity to devote his time more evenly amongst his projects.

Please be patient with us as the site will remain with its present look and format for a little while yet until the new template is ready to go live Wink

In the new format you may find some of your threads/posts may of been moved?

Please do not be alarmed they will still be here but may be relocated to a more appropriate section like introductions,for sale,wanted,projects etc.

Once everything is in place we plan to spread the good word of Bangernomics and hopefully attract new members and secure a healthy amount of regular traffic through the forum Very Happy

we would be very grateful if members would make suggestions for sections they would like to see included within the new format and will take all into consideration Very Happy

Many Thanks for you continued support and devotion to this forum

Regards

The Bangernomics Team Very Happy

macp
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2013-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement regarding the future of the Forum   Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:19 am

I know Im new and Im using this to excuse myself for replying to this post but may I offer my congratulations and look forward to the changes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EasternBloc
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement regarding the future of the Forum   Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 am

WOW! Was it affraid or cheers ? Congratualtions.

We should all try and help the changes run smoothly - I promise not to rock the boat!

Yes a big thank you to James for so much time and effort going in to this worth while cause and forum.

Aye aye Cap'n
Back to top Go down
Joloke
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement regarding the future of the Forum   Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Thanks Guyz

It was a bit of a shock when he asked if id like to run it affraid

But ive come up with lots of ideas and i have a good man onboard helping with the technical side of how it will all look Wink

To start off with its going to have a new look with extra catagories and once its settled down i will start contacting appropriate media in the field to spread the word Wink

The site is already underway behind the scenes its just a case of ironing out the creases before it goes live Smile

I would live to encourage you all to open up photobucket accounts or similar and lets start to see pics of your individual cars or fleet for that matter in the new "Your Cars" section when i goes live Wink

Or if your letting us know about something youve seen out there on the web link the pics it all helps and lifts posts and make them more vibrant cheers

Ill keep you all informed and a newsletter will be going out to all members to invite members who havnt looked in for a while to do so Wink

Thanks

Jodie Smile

photoluka
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement regarding the future of the Forum   Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Well done!

Yep the thing the forum needs most is more active members! Spread the word!
Back to top Go down
KingKade
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement regarding the future of the Forum   Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:54 pm

Excellant , you are the queen of the manor now! queen
Congrats!!!
king
Back to top Go down
KingKade
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement regarding the future of the Forum   Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:01 pm

A change is as good as a holiday...
Just as well i havent been on one for a while.
king
Back to top Go down
Joloke
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement regarding the future of the Forum   Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:58 am

Thank you for all your support guys Smile

Its not finalised yet but i am thinking that February 1st may be a good date for the new system to go live?

Not sure as yet but there may be site outages a day or two before but please be patient it will all be worth it bounce

The Basic new look template is now in place ready to go it just needs to be polished a little then transferred here Very Happy

Thanks

Jodie Smile

bandit
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement regarding the future of the Forum   Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:01 am

Good Luck and all the best
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement regarding the future of the Forum   

Back to top Go down

Important Announcement regarding the future of the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1