HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | .

Anyone else spend rather too long browsing cars?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ant480
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Anyone else spend rather too long browsing cars?   Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:15 pm

I often find myself idly searching ebay and Autotrader looking at all the 80's and 90's cars I could potentially buy if my current banger were to suddenly expire.

Sometimes I end up feeling rather guilty as I find myself secretly hoping for a fault so that I can get rid of my car and try something else out. Not very economical, but certainly fun.

I guess this is one of the main attractions of Bangernomics for me - the opportunity to change my car relatively frequently, and trying out all the great and not so great cars I couldn't afford to buy when they were new.

My current preferred searches on ebay are:

1) Peugeot 406 - drove them at work, and love the ride quality/handling, plus the styling and lack of rust traps. I really think a V6 estate would make a great family holiday vehicle (I have access to a Honda Jazz and a motorcycle for more economical daily motoring);
2) Subaru Legacy - reputation for reliability, zero image of any kind and 4x4 that I would probably nevr need, but like the idea of having;
3) Saab 9-5 - love the looks and reputation for safety and comfort;
4) Citroen Xantia - would love to try an Activa before they all get scrapped.

Ant.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else spend rather too long browsing cars?   Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Ant, I've had a lot of Saab 9000s and they are brilliant. Comfortable spacious and actually not that expensive to fix provided you source parts from breakers. They are so cheap and 9-5s are more of the same really, though the diesel can be a bit troublesome. Its always good to look and be prepared...plus it is fun and doesn't cost you anything.
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Ant480
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else spend rather too long browsing cars?   Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:10 pm

It sure is fun. At the moment the Primera handbrake is giving problems again. I have also noticed a strange noise (like liquid bubbling through pipes) at idle, so I guess I can claim that I am just being prepared.

My wife is used to it, but I think a little jealous that she is stuck with the reliable modern Jazz, and I get to change my car every couple of years, usually for something that is quite nippy.

I'm off to check "Shed of the Week" on Pistonheads.com - those cars are right up my street...

Ant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else spend rather too long browsing cars?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone else spend rather too long browsing cars?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1