HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | .

Still no Bangernomics Car But...............................

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Still no Bangernomics Car But...............................   Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:02 am

Maybe i can Pursuade my Partner to go Bangernomics?

I still currently dont have a Bangernomics car as i have a fleet car at present though if i had to buy my own i wouldnt buy new No

As i dont have to worry about mine (because its not mine if you get my drift) id be insane giving it up to buy a banger Rolling Eyes

My partner has a PCP though which ends next year her car very rarely get used thesedays so im hoping to pursuade her to go Bangernomics Wink

Her car was a second hand two year old car they allowed PCP on, on the forcourt for 7.5k we have worked out at the end of her lease she will have payed 6k not to own it Bonkers just bonkers!!!

Figure in it was about 12k list new the first keeper PCP leased it for 2 years at a cost of 5k handed it back,my partner leased it for a further 6k and going by what it will be worth they should get 4k for it thats 15k for a 12k car affraid

No wonder manufacturers like PCP's it nets them far more than selling the vehicle Rolling Eyes If they PCP her car a third time gawd knows how much they are going to make out of this?

Her car is a little Citroen VTS yes its quick and fun but can only do 30mpg max to and from her work and about 38 on a run Crying or Very sad

I want and ive always wanted a Mercedes 190e your looking at 20-25mpg depending around town and only 30-35mpg extra urban but you can now buy a Clean example for 1k thats 1500 less than her car payment each year plus buy right and you only pay that 1k once not every year!

Ok its less economical but at 1.5k cheaper than her yearly car payments despite the extra fuel its still cheaper ive worked it out,besides she does under 4k mileage each year so can get Classic Insurance and little depreciation to speak of tongue

An Old school Mercedes may be 20 years old but you still feel a million dollars in one Smile

I will keep you all posted but i think im going to wind the argument with her as she likes the idea of having hundreds more in her account each month Wink

Jodie Smile

D7
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Still no Bangernomics Car But...............................   Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:22 pm

My Daily - 2010 Seat Ibiza 1.6 Sport:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My 'Weekend Car'

Guess which one I prefer? Cool

BUY ONE - I love mine...

600....27 years old, 75k miles, virtually immaculate, flew through its MoT with advisories only on 2 tyres starting to crack. Interior is lush too (excuse the dangling interior wires, it was work in progress at the time!):

To be fair I'm tempted to get rid of the Ibiza for a late 99-00 registered C220 Sport. My uncle has one and it's lovely to drive...
Back to top Go down
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Still no Bangernomics Car But...............................   Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:52 pm

You wont get an argument from me there Wink
Driving a New Mini Diesel as a daily on fleet so not really mine great little car love it to bits but i wouldnt buy one at least not new there too expensive Rolling Eyes

Id let my other half use the Mini and id use the Benz if we got one but we cannot justify 3 cars Sad

So i will have to wait until hers has gone at which point itll be Mini and Benz perfect two car garage i say Very Happy

Yours is Lovely just a case of buying the best you can i guess?

There was a 190e beside me at the lights this morning so quiet puring away like a new car despite being 24 years old but i dont think the owner cared about it as it was filthy and every panel dented Crying or Very sad

When i do finally get one if i can get one as nice as yours ill be happy Smile

Thanks for sharing with your story with us and the pictures too Very Happy

Jodie Smile

D7
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Still no Bangernomics Car But...............................   Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:17 am

To be fair, I didn't actually set out to buy the car. I wasn't particulary in the market for a car, let alone an old Merc! I initially saw it for sale on the Retrorides forum and thought it looked nice. It wasn't until a week or so later when I saw it on eBay I thought I'd but a (stupidly low) bid in, thinking that there would be no chance I'd win. To my surprise I won. I bought it completely blind and I had one of those 'OMG' moments on the way down to pick it up, but it really was as good as it looked in the pics and as it was described. Bought from a true Mercedes enthusiast too, who was only selling to fund a W123 230 coupe.

Do I regret it? Most definitely not. I get a lot of satisfaction from driving the car and it always gets good looks when on the road and comments in the petrol station etc.

It does have some minor mechanical niggles I need to rectify, but it goes with the territory and ads to the character. I also want to get rid of the tacky black rubber spoiler for a colour coded item, find another big badge grill as mine Is damaged and then remove the chrome arches. Once that's done it will be exactly how I want it, although I'm very tempted by a wheel change too...

Oh and I won't part with it now. It will be mine indefinitely ... I highly recommend getting yourself over to the Retorides forum if you aren't already on there, they have a fair new 190E's crop up. There's a gorgeous example of a H reg one in Black on there at the moment. Would make a fantastic daily and only 56k miles if I remember rightly! All original too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still no Bangernomics Car But...............................   

Back to top Go down

Still no Bangernomics Car But...............................

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bangernomics :: Chat :: Banger chat-