View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Ebay, your feedback needed!   Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:06 pm

Evening lads, I will be talking to Ebay Motors next week and have the opportunity to ask them difficult questions. Do you have an issues you would like me to raise with them?

Thanks James
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Ebay, your feedback needed!   Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:37 pm

Having bought and sold on ebay I can't really say I've had any bad experiences, though I do find Paypal confusing and avoid it at all costs. Maybe I'm just thick!

Kev.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Thanks   Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:49 pm

Thanks for getting back to me on this. For me it is simply the fact that buying on Ebay means that you don't go and look at the car anymore, the 'have I won it?' is what people worry about. Then there are the scammers which I reckon you do have to be pretty thick to get caught by, but Ebay should be much more secure. Also they can be really slow at deleting obviously cloned entries. I just think their customer service should be a lot better considering the amount it costs, J
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ebay, your feedback needed!   Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:37 pm

I would say there should be a readily available telephone number to sort problems like account payments and problems (is there one?). For a company that size I would say it's customer service is left wanting and I think many people end up so frustrated by it all they write off most of the money they lose.

But yes, Scammers should be nipped in the bud directly and yes, people who back out of buying a vehicle after winning because 'it's not what they expected' should be banned from ebay, but because of the animosity of ebay, that will never happen.

Ebay is good fun, and is a great way to sell, but it's probably taken too seriously as the be all and end all.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Thanks   Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:44 pm

Cheers Kev,

No there is no number just a cycle of emails and it takes days to get a reply. I agree with the fun element of it all, but I think buying a complicated machine like a car should be more safe and secure. Also when I ran a car inspection business the biggest issue was won Ebay cars that turned out to not be as described...The other day though I did get a set of alloys, but said the seller I will pay this and he took it off sale, I turned up and paid money just like an old fashioned classified ad. Cars should be more like that... in the past so many ebayers want the auction to run, which I fully understand, but I won't waste my time driving to Cardiff if some bloke in Abroath is going to outbid me....J
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ebay, your feedback needed!   Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:00 pm

Yeah, it's the lack of personal communication that is the biggest cause of frustration with ebay, surely they could set up a hotline even if it is in India!

It's not so bad if cars are reasonably local and I've set myself a maximum 30 mile radius to view cars. As you say, you don't want to drive 100 miles to look at a car to then be outbid, on the other hand what if you win it and you've driven 100 miles there to be confronted with an empty radiator and pool of oil on the road, and it's not on the driveway that was in the picture.

I find that using the Classified Ad is a good way to use ebay. You set the price you want, everybody knows the price you want, and the whole world will see it, and it's a LOT cheaper and easier to use than AutoTrader.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Thanks again   Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:50 pm

Classified ad is certainly the way to go and agree that Autotrader needs to get a clearer advantage over Ebay...but some of those advertise for ages deals aren't too bad...
Back to top Go down
NerveJam
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: To hell with eBay!   Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:44 pm

To hell with eBay!

I used to run an eBay shop selling Car Manuals etc. Monthly subscriptions were 6, and listings cost 5p each.
The NEW charges are 15 and 20p, respectively. That's 29 before I start.
Oh, and final value fees went up as well....

What to do? I, like many others, have jumped ship to eBid.
The forums are full of refugees!

My new listing fees? ZERO. Final Value fees are a flat 3%

Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Thanks   Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Thanks for that tip off, we sell flyscreens [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and Ebay is becoming far too expensive so I will go and have a look.
All the best James
Back to top Go down
NerveJam
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Ebay, your feedback needed!   Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:52 am

Rovamota wrote:
Yeah, it's the lack of personal communication that is the biggest cause of frustration with ebay, surely they could set up a hotline even if it is in India!
Kev.

I also used to sell on ebay.com. They have real live on-line helpdesk operators you can talk to (chat room-style). They actually know what they are talking about as well.
** eBay US has special provision for electronic delivery of e-books etc (ebay uk didn't. May do now, but it's too little too late.), so I had to deal with the US branch. **

Ever had a look at ebay.com.au? (ozz) Very strange.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay, your feedback needed!   

Back to top Go down

Ebay, your feedback needed!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1