View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Giraffy
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Newbie saying ello    Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi everyone - thought I'd just post a quick intro as it seems like a small and friendly type of place!

I'm Rob, 25, and have always been total car-nerd. I got my first car at about 20 which was a Ford KA and since then I've had an L-reg MR2, a brand new Alfa Mito 1.4 and now an MG ZT.

You'll notice the strange change from old - brand new - old(ish) again which is kind of why I'm here. The Alfa was a brilliant little car - cheap, built well, handled well, looked great etc but it was just so dull compared to my old MR2. That's why on a whim last year I went and bought an MG ZT which was for sale at a local garage. It cost 3.4k so not a banger (probably paid a bit much in hindsight) but I've had it for around 9 months now and it's been great fun. It's had a few little issues but nothing major and i've had the rear discs done + pads all round and also a new thermostat and a full service with all the fluids changed. Overall it seems pretty solid, and as any car with a 2.5V6 now seems to be worth the square root of bugger all, let alone an old Rover I suppose I'll be keeping it a while! (Although this message has not been received by the part of my brain which scours Autotrader)

I also did a trackday session in it last year at Castle Combe and the handling was absolutely brilliant. I've also done Combe in a Mazda MX5 and the MG is quicker and to be honest more fun. (Controversial I know!) Here's a pic:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, look forward to reading about some of your motors. So much more interesting to see people pick up great cars for less than the cost of a few months depreciation on a new car.

Cheers,
Rob Smile
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying ello    Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Wow! Welcome aboard. What a fantastic looking MG ZT, that's a proper performance car which actually looks better with age. Someone in the trade said to me the other day that compared to a Jaguar S-Type launched on the same day at the Motor Show it still looks the part. There aren't a huge amount of people here, but ask a question and it usually gets answered and yes everyone is friendly!

Look forward to more track day tales....
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Giraffy
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying ello    Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Admin wrote:
Wow! Welcome aboard. What a fantastic looking MG ZT, that's a proper performance car which actually looks better with age. Someone in the trade said to me the other day that compared to a Jaguar S-Type launched on the same day at the Motor Show it still looks the part. There aren't a huge amount of people here, but ask a question and it usually gets answered and yes everyone is friendly!

Look forward to more track day tales....

Thanks, really appreciate the comments! Smile Funnily enough some bloke in this weeks autocar said similar as well! Laughing

I wonder if MG's return with a few ads on the telly might spark a bit more interest in these motors? Mine's absolutely brilliant, I just wish I had the money and space for an auto diesel and a V8 as well - then i'd have one for every occaision!

Can't wait to get it on track again this summer and suprise a few more people, the fact it's 'just a rover' makes everything even more fun....
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying ello    Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:41 pm

I'm not to sure about these new Rovers, I still much prefer yours!

All the best

James
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie saying ello    

Back to top Go down

Newbie saying ello

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1