View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OldToot
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Tiny Fiats   Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:38 am

Hello - good to see a bit more life here!

I still have the Mondeo, and have just had to tax it again (http://bangernomics.editboard.com/t184-fuel-efficient-cheap-and-five-doors)

As fuel prices are showing no sign of going down, I really should chop it in for something smaller. A five door family car - and an auto at that - is not the tool for commuting in and out of a city centre. We never use the Mondeo for family duties now, and now I'm happy ther Multipla is reliable I don't feel the need to have a reserve family car, so short (on street parking at work) and fuel efficient is the criteria. Baby is only 18 months, so at a pinch any seat will be large enough for her if we *have* to use it!

As insurance has also become really expensive (even with 11 years no claims) I also resent paying so much for something that provides so few smiles as the Mondeo.

The Multipla some of you thought I was brave to buy (http://bangernomics.editboard.com/t123-fiat-multipla-jtd) is still going strong - in fact I'll put an update on that thread when I've finished here - and so I thought another little Fiat might look cute alongside it, and I've been told that mechanically Fiats are pretty sound, but the interior might fall apart around you. This fits with my Multipla experience.

So, does anyone have any experience of Cinquicento od Seicento? I have hired one of each on holiday and they've always seemed fun in a 'small car with no power driven on the doorhandles kind of way - but what are they like long term?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Tiny Fiats   Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:44 am

Glad the Multipla is going well a car I have always liked. I think the problem with some Fiats is that the parts costs are quite high, also the little ones can look quite worn out after a decade or so. I would like to hear anyone else on the subject.
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
OldToot
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Tiny Fiats   Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Tatty I can live with as long as mechanically it's sound.

The time is coming where it will be cheaper to get the bus, but I'm trying to put that off as long as possible!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiny Fiats   

Back to top Go down

Tiny Fiats

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1