badshot
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: A few Pics of my sub 600 bangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:41 pm

BMW 325i Auto, Full BMW SH and 1 owner from new
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

Mercedes C240 Elegance Auto another Full MB SH low owners (Mother and Daughter)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the best yet my old Honda Civic 1.8 VTI (the fast one vtec engined) 170BHP great fun wish I'd never sold it pale

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All three were bought for less than 1800 santa and all didnt need much spending either, great cars the Germans with excellent build quality but the jap stuff is still the most reliable and puts your mind at rest.

There out there if you look Very Happy

James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: A few Pics of my sub 600 bangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:02 pm

What a great selection of actually not very banger, Bangers. I must say that later Jaguars from 1994 are actually pretty good. Everyone there though is a winner.
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: A few Pics of my sub 600 bangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Did you buy the three for 1800 or 1800 each? Just a little confused because it says sub 600 Bangers Rolling Eyes
Even at 1800 each they look like good vale for money Wink

if they were sub 600 all i can say is Wow!!!

Shocked

I agree though id Say German all the way for build quality to tank like standards and for simple honest reliable motoring japanese Wink

I did used to have a British built Rover Mini though and that didnt go well Crying or Very sad

When the price of early BMW Minis goes down sub 1000 ( idid say eventually Razz ) they will be great bangers Wink

Anyhow your very banger unlooking "bangers" look Fabb Very Happy

Jodie Smile
Back to top Go down
badshot
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: A few Pics of my sub 600 bangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks yes two were 600 and one was 550 I think, i also bought an old 525i e34 BMW off someones drive it was sat there for 2 years!, it needed a battery (i had an old one in the garage) charged it and drove it down to the mot station, it need rear discs and pads, that was it and 100 later and a mega clean up and it was on the road, everything worked even the aircon!

I sold it a month later for 650 affraid

before

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

after

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It even had leather and was a lovely car, but the lure of the cash was too much!

Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: A few Pics of my sub 600 bangers   Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:05 pm

Funily Enough our neighbour has one of those e34,s which he payed just 180 for Shocked
He has a works van and hasnt had a personal car for quite some time and was telling me a friend at work offered it to him and at 180 he thought he would take a gamble Rolling Eyes

It only had a couple of months MOT but hes just put it through another it failed on a binding back brake,a bulb and wiper blades all easily fixed it now has 12 months MOT and sounds lovely on start up despite over 200,000 on the clock Shocked

He said the MPG is crippling but the insurance is low for him and as he uses the van all week he only uses the BMW on the odd day off so its a Win,Win situation Smile

Just out of interest what are the W202 Mercs like?

Ive always wanted a 190e (W201) but have noticed W202,s aqre getting cheap now too Rolling Eyes

still think W201,s are better made but im guessing the later 202 aint that bad either???

Jodie Smile

badshot
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: A few Pics of my sub 600 bangers   Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Joloke wrote:
Funily Enough our neighbour has one of those e34,s which he payed just 180 for Shocked
He has a works van and hasnt had a personal car for quite some time and was telling me a friend at work offered it to him and at 180 he thought he would take a gamble Rolling Eyes

It only had a couple of months MOT but hes just put it through another it failed on a binding back brake,a bulb and wiper blades all easily fixed it now has 12 months MOT and sounds lovely on start up despite over 200,000 on the clock Shocked

He said the MPG is crippling but the insurance is low for him and as he uses the van all week he only uses the BMW on the odd day off so its a Win,Win situation Smile

Just out of interest what are the W202 Mercs like?

Ive always wanted a 190e (W201) but have noticed W202,s aqre getting cheap now too Rolling Eyes

still think W201,s are better made but im guessing the later 202 aint that bad either???

Jodie Smile

W202's are great if you get a pre 2000 model one, Mercedes used the wrong grade steel up til 2004, so everything Mercedes rusted like affraid up til then,

the other thing is the ECU's have been know to fail on some w202's mainly 180's and 200's for some reason, but mines a 240 maybe ill be lucky, but it feels a well made car and its lovely to drive, although I still prefer BMW's and Jap stuff. Great cars the e34's though and i'd have another tomorrow santa

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few Pics of my sub 600 bangers   

Back to top Go down

A few Pics of my sub 600 bangers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1