HomePortalRegisterLog in

Share | .

I know its not a car but Anybody Good With Apple I Mac,s?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: I know its not a car but Anybody Good With Apple I Mac,s?   Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:05 pm

Hiya
following on from the keyboard trouble i was having with my PC last month i decided to take the plunge and buy an Apple I Mac Wink Ive always had IBM based Windows PC,s up until now and its a bit of a learning curve :eyepop:
Id like to say im very Happy with my 1k Purchase but im actually quiet dissapointed Crying or Very sad I feel a little like ive just wasted a Grand Sad

Im hoping theres some Mac users on here can help?
The Mac itself is very quick and very stable but the internet is not Crying or Very sad :grumpy:

One minute its really fast online next thing its ground to a halt and wont load anything despite doing a broadband speed test and getting a constant 10mb speed and loading the same pages on my two year old Toshiba laptop next to the max they have no problems loading whatsoever!

Whats wrong with it? is there some sort of settings that need altering?
When its fast on the web,its fast but when i starts crashing pages its worse than any IBM based PC ive ever had before and i got a Mac because everybody told me they are more stable and dont crash,dont get viruses etc Yada Yada Yada :rolleyes:

This mac has twice the size Processor than my old IBM based Toshiba Laptop and twice as much ram but keeps comming to spectacular halts on the Web??????

Am i stuck with a 1k Lemon or is this a known issue that can be rectified?

Huggz
Jodie Smile

Back to top Go down
micndiesel
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I know its not a car but Anybody Good With Apple I Mac,s?   Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi im using a 10 year old i mac and have had no problems other than its starting to get a bit slow now, the only problems i get is websites that use a lot of flash player type video. i only use safari as a web browser some of the others slow down the browsing
ive never had to re format any of my apple macs or ever had a problem from a virus etc once you get used to how they work you will love it
make sure you run the software update just to make sure your running the latest software etc if you have problems install windows on it and run windows for web browsing them switch back to using the mac os for other stuff
Back to top Go down
quirkycars
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: I know its not a car but Anybody Good With Apple I Mac,s?   Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:08 am

When you say it's crashing pages, do these pages have anything in common?
Like pages built with Flash, for instance..
Apple (the company) doesn't like Flash, and they've banned it from their latest machines, eg iPad.
There's nothing you can do to get around it either - the websites need to use something other than Flash, (eg HTML5) or they won't work on a Apple. Period.

Just a thought.

Alternatively it could be a problem with the network connection settings. I know that we used to set PCs to 100M/Full Duplex, and Macs were "Auto", otherwise they wouldn't work reliably.
Obviously I have no idea what your settings should be, but if one doesn't work, it can't hurt to try the other.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know its not a car but Anybody Good With Apple I Mac,s?   

Back to top Go down

I know its not a car but Anybody Good With Apple I Mac,s?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1