Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Been Lurking For a While Now   Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Hiya
im Jodie ive been lurking here for a while but decided to join last night Wink
Im a 30 something petrolhead car lovin Gal and find this site refreshing Very Happy Im very fortunate in the sence i get a fleet car but if i didnt i think i would be going the "Bangernomics" route Very Happy Myself and my partner in 2008 purchased a little Rover Mini as i had a BL Mini Clubman years earlier which i payed just 700 for and never really cost me anything to keep on the road Wink we soon learned that those days have gone Sad Our Rover Mini cost us 2400 and wasnt as clean as my old Clubman which i had paid 700 for plus everything kept going wrong with it Sad Well after 2 years of ownership and nearly 6k we sold it this year for 2.5k after being ripped off left right and centre by garages,welders,bodyshops etc i dont think id ever have another "classic" again??

I think one thing ive learnt is dont pay too much for a car in the first place and dont get attatched to a car,yes get attatched if it never costs you much and your amazed on its will to carry on living but if a car is going to cost more than its worth to keep on the road its time to say goodbye to that car Rolling Eyes

Ive also realised that as cute as old minis are you spend most of your life welding them and chasing rust nomatter how much you spend on even the fullest of restorations and we both still remember the last time we drove our Mini and how unsafe we felt pale

Theres soo many nutters out there now and Minis were never designed for the roads we drive today Sad

So for now ill be driving my fleet car but if i ever get another car it will be a Banger i really think its fun the thought of driving something that cost less than most put down as a deposit on most new cars LOL!

One day i will get a Bargain Budget Bangernomics Luxobarge because i may be a girl but love fiddling with old cars Wink

So what would i get?

well i have a bit of a passion for old Mercedes 190e,s they are soo cheap now Shocked

Also started to like both old Volvos and Saabs plus old VW Golfs and Polos they are just like miniture tanks Very Happy

well thats it about me i havnt got a banger at present but if nobody objects ill come along here for the ride and continue to read all your great Banger stories Very Happy

Ill also post some tips i learnt myself if nobody objects?

Huggz
Jodie Smile
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Welcome Aboard   Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Minis are great and I've been restoring this forever, watch its progress on the above link. Sorry you've had some trials and tribulations but that is all down to experience. 190s are great by the way, but like all bangers you need to get a honest and straight example. Good luck and keep us posted on what you go and buy.
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Joloke
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Been Lurking For a While Now   Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Thank You for the warm welcome Smile
It may be a while before i get something though i will still add a little imput here if thats ok? I learnt so much fettling the Mini and to be honest got a greater satisfaction out of having a go myself than when it was so called "Proffesionally Restored" Rolling Eyes

I really enjoyed Spraying Boris(Our Mini) with nothing more than aerosols in fact it was a better finish than the sprayer who botched him up afterwards :-

I unfortunately only have an auto licence which was once a hinderance but thesedays the choice of auto bangers be it small medium or large sized is soo much better Smile

Really like your Mk 1 Mini thats the Mini in its purest form Wink

Jodie Smile

Back to top Go down
D7
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Been Lurking For a While Now   Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Welcome to the forum Jodie.

Some good advice there, regarding not getting attached to cars! Been there and done it myself and been left out of pocket also Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been Lurking For a While Now   

Back to top Go down

Been Lurking For a While Now

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1