View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Caught Out.   Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:16 pm

Alright, I've been caught out. Was at the auction last week and a very smart looking Pug 206 on a W-plate came in and I ended up bidding and winning it. Now I know why it was cheap; no documents and it's been declared a cat C write off. And the auctioneer made no mention of this No Anyway, I did an RAC vehicle check on it and it was written off in December 2003, so it's had at least 3 MoT's since then and it looks and drives well enough. According to the DVLA Vehicle Check website it's also had 6 owners and it's taxed until the end of December but there's no sign of the tax disc... The 70k mileage is probably genuine, though.

It was put through the auction by a local car supermarket, and I find it very hard to believe that they would take a car in without any documentation, but I will be calling then tomorrow to find out what the story is with it.

Deeper inspection revealed that it had been hit on the passenger side and the sill and door have been replaced as well as the front wing. Pulling back the front carpet revealed a straightened out wheel arch panel, but no chassis damage.

Anyway, it's going for its MoT on Tuesday but I reckon it's got an MoT on it anyway so hopefully I'll get away with just having to pay for a duplicate cert, but not having a log book nor the previous MoT may mean I'll have to put it through a full MoT, which isn't really a problem as at least I'll know it's reasonably fit.

But it just goes to show anyone can get caught out, especially an halfwit like me!

At least it's gonna be cheap...

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Caught Out.   Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Turns out that it does have an MoT until January next year, but I put it through anyway and it failed on a ball joint. Not bad. All I have to do now is get a log book from the DVLA.

Now I have an MoT number I managed to get the MoT history from VOSA and it looks like the mileage is genuine. A shame the body panels aren't! It does look tidy, though.

Kev.

Last edited by on Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Caught Out.   Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:06 pm

Now for sale with a new MoT. 1500, which is cheap as it would probably sell for 2500 if it was perfect. No, I don't know why they're worth so much, either.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Rovamota
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Caught Out.   Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:08 am

Sold it yesterday, so that's a relief. Mind you, a 2000 206 for 1600 with a years MoT people should have been forming a queue.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
jim
Infant
Infant

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Caught Out.   Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:06 pm

funnily enough i used to have a V-reg one that i bought at auction. Nice car, with the GLX trim, but basically handled like a girly car so bought the Almera GTI. I can tell you that felt like a beast by comparison!! ha ha
Back to top Go down
NerveJam
Junior
Junior

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Caught Out.   Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:28 am

ve just received the V5C for my Micra. Easy enough, just a bit steep (25)
Having no docs shouldn't put off bangernomics types..
Back to top Go down
James-Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: 206   Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:35 am

Quite a nice car to be caught out with and if you would have kept it for some time then again it would still be cheap motoring. I agree that you should have been told about the history by the auctioneer.
Back to top Go down
http://bangernomics.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caught Out.   

Back to top Go down

Caught Out.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1